Everyone enjoying their Valentine’s Day? I started mine off on the right foot with workout #2 in my customized training plan from Tina at Best Body Fitness. Two 6am workouts in a row for me this week, woo! Today was 50 minutes of Zone 2 cardio, which I did on the elliptical. I haven’t done that much straight cardio in a row on a machine in so long. Dare I say in years? I must say, it felt kinda nice to just zone out.
On my iPod today?
- “For Your Entertainment” by Adam Lambert
- “Burning Up” by Madonna
- “Forget You” by Cee Lo Green
- “Where Them Girls At” by David Guetta
- “Jungle Flames” by The DNC
- “Call It What You Want” by Foster the People
- “Thriller / Heads Will Roll” by the Glee Cast
- “Be My Lover” by La Bouche
- “Dress You Up in My Love” by Madonna
- “Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer
- “Da Funk” by Daft Punk
- “Last Night” by Diddy
Anyways, today was another day of feeling more energized when I got to work and ready to tackle my day!
Valentine’s Friend Fun
Up until this point I haven’t included too many crafts, projects, or Do It Yourself (DIY) posts on Fitness & Feta. But I can expand to have a little corner with that kinda stuff right?
I figured Valentine’s Day would be a good place to start for my first DIY post!
DIY Valentine’s Day Gift: Candy Jars
Aren’t these cute?
My girlfriends and I had a little gals Valentine’s Day celebration last night. Not only am I big fan of self-love of Valentine’s Day, I’m also a big proponent of using the day to celebrate your love for family and friends too!
A couple of my favorite Valentine’s memories include time spent with my girlfriends:
- Friendship dinner sophomore year of college at Ashley’s parents’ house! Complete with goodie bags for all and a speech from Ashley’s mom on why we don’t need boys as long as we have each other 😉
- Valentine’s Day Bar Crawl a couple of years ago around Boston when my girlfriends and I were all recently single
- PCDC Valentine’s Day Party with my dance girls! We might have done a Secret Valentine one year in college too? I can’t remember!
So this year, my besties and I did a little chocolate and wine night. Everyone made something chocolatey or heart shaped or Valentine’s themed. My contribution was the Valentine’s M&M Pretzel Bites I posted about yesterday morning!
The other delicious treats included:
French Lace Cookies and a Valentine’s cocktail (The “Berry Fizzy”) from Slesh…
(Make sure to click over to this post for more info on “The Berry Fizzy” – it’s only 100 calories!)
Valentine’s Fruit from Trina…
Heart Shaped Rice Krispie Treats from Bridget…
…and Red Velvet Cupcakes from Mastro.
Ash unfortunately had to work and couldn’t make the whole thing, but I was happy she got to stop by for at least a little at the end of the night. And of course we missed Miss Erica and wish she lived closer!
Aside from the food (which I tried to eat in moderation and only take a little of the things most important to me to eat), everyone brought a small Valentine’s gift and/or card for the others.
Hence, my DIY Valentine’s Candy Jars!
Here’s what I needed for supplies, along with cost breakdown:
- 5 Glass Jars: $5 (Dollar Store)
- Scrapbook Paper: $1 (Dollar aisle at Target, still have 7 sheets left!)
- Candy Hearts: $1 (Dollar Store)
- M&M’s: $2 (Stop & Shop weekly special)
- Hershey Kisses: $2 (Stop & Shop weekly special)
- Ribbon: Already had
- Scrapbooking Letter Stickers: Already had
Total: $11 for 5 gifts! Not too shabby 🙂
Now here’s how I made em:
1. Fill jars with assorted candy.
2. Write out Valentine’s message with red marker on pink construction paper. Cut with scrapbooking scissors to make look pretty, then place over the candy inside the jar.
3. Outline the size of the jar lid on the back of the scrapbook paper. Then cut out tops for the lids based on your outline. Cut with scrapbook scissor to look pretty, then glue on.
Note: Glue sticks do not work.
a pretty whatever bow you can manage to muster up. Shannon, I still need bow tying lessons!
5. Stick on letter stickers so you know whose is whose!
These were fun to make and fun to give!
And I got a nice little assortment of Valentine’s Day loot myself!
Homemade cards, homemade someecards, a little mini wine bottle, a champagne bottle filled with candy, lollipop lips, Valentine’s tattoos, a red heart bead necklace, and lots of candy and treats!
Thanks, ladies! I had a fun night. 🙂
Do any of you celebrate Valentine’s Day with your friends?
Off to the love themed classes! Yes, it’s back to the gym for me. Then present exchanging with Tim! I’m so excited to give him his presents! Have a great night, all. 🙂