Good morning, everyone!
Hope everyone that celebrated Easter enjoyed their day yesterday, and that the weekend was fab too. In case you missed any weekend posts, here they are:
- Smart Grocery Shopping: A Day in the Life
- Words for the Weekend
- Meatless & Delicious: Tuscan Baked Zucchini Recipe
Anyways, Tim and I managed to get to the gym before we went to his aunt’s house yesterday for Easter dinner. We did the following workout:
We went through these six moves exactly as they are listed above, doing 10 reps of each with heavier than normal weight, for four total sets. By the end of the fourth set we were dying! These were the same moves we did in this workout, but instead of doing them in a pyramid style we did tempo training in a 3/2/1 style. Meaning, we took 3 counts for the first part of the movement, held for 2 counts at peak contraction, and then took 1 controlled count to return to start. I often do different counting tempos in class, but really liked doing 3/2/1. Thanks, Tina!
After we went through the four sets, we did 20 minutes of cardio (10 minutes steady state, 4 minute front Tabata, 1 minute recover, 3 minutes backward of 15 seconds on / 15 seconds off, 2 minute cooldown) and called it a day.
Made us feel not as guilty when we stuffed our faces with Easter deliciousness all afternoon. 🙂
This week is going to be another busy one. (yes, I’m more busy when I’m at home than when I’m on the road for work). Planning my weekly workouts ahead of time helps me stay on track. In case you missed it, last week’s workout plan looked like this:
- Sunday: PUSH Certification
- Monday: Off
- Tuesday: On the road workout 1
- Wednesday: On the road workout 2
- Thursday: Off
- Friday: Off
- Saturday: Kickboxing
I usually don’t have 3 off days, so this week it’s time to get my butt back in gear!
Here’s the plan:
- Sunday: Check! The Sweaty Strength Set workout above
- Monday: Teaching Core Strength (I’m starting my floor hours tonight, so Mondays are gonna be really tough to get more of a workout in now. But look for me!)
- Tuesday: Two A Day: Kickboxing + Teaching Circuit
- Wednesday: CBC for Cutz & Kix, pending whether I can work from home or not
- Thursday: Teaching Circuit… I’m planning on doing PUSH
- Friday: TBD or off
- Saturday: TBD or off
What are your workout plans this week?! Do you make one? Do they help you stay on track for the week?
Have a good one, and I’ll be back later with a giveaway!