I know it’s only Monday still, but if you are already making plans for next weekend I figured it couldn’t hurt to give you an idea for something to do.
By “give you some ideas,” I mean “post a shameless plug.”
This Sunday 10/21, the Oak Square YMCA is hosting the annual community “Oak Scare” 5K road race. Local readers, we are trying to get as many people as possible to take part in this event so if you are interested please click over to this link to register! The race kicks off at 9am and you can run, walk, or wheel in support of the Oak Square YMCA. People wear costumes and it is a fun time! Don’t wait, registration closes this Friday 10/19.
After the race, the Y is hosting a health fair at 10am in the gym. I am part of the planning committee for this… hence my “shameless plug.” If you have nothing else going on this weekend, come!! There will be refreshments, fitness demonstrations, contests, local vendors giving away swag and free stuff, children’s activities, raffles, blood pressure readings, flu shots, and more. My brother will be there as the live DJ playing pop music and a smattering of Halloween songs (if you have any suggestions for “Halloween” music, let me know).
Best of all, the fair is FREE!
It’s going to be a good time — check out the fitness schedule of events below:
- Pre-race warmup and stretch with Lauren
- Post-race cooldown, stretch, and foam rolling with Lauren
- Ongoing: Kettlebell demos with Julio
- Ongoing: Dynamax Bootcamp demos with Monique
- Ongoing: Cycling “Bike Basics” with Caitlin & Kelly
- 10:15am – Kickboxing performance by Corpbasics instructors (that’s me!)
- 10:45am – TRX demo #1 with Maria
- 11:00am – Plank Challenge
- 11:15am – Family Zumba with Carolyn
- 11:30am – TRX demo #2 with Maria
We are still looking for vendors to participate, so if you or anyone you know would be interested in setting up a table at our event, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you at the event!!