Okay, okay! You guys can stop bugging me to post this recipe now! Just kidding, you never bug me. But I did get a lot of requests after posting on Instagram earlier in the week.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, diced (about 1/8 cup)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 large chicken breast, grilled & diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 plum tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- salt & pepper
- Bake your sweet potatoes per usual (we do 20 minutes at 450 after cheating and microwaving for 5 minutes)
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half, and scoop out the inside. Place in bowl or food processor.
- Add all ingredients except for the chicken and plum tomato. Also make sure to leave some cheese and some cilantro for garnish.
- Mash or process until smooth. After mashing, stir in most of the chicken pieces.
- Scoop the filling back into the potato skins, then top with leftover cheese and chicken.
- Broil 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Top with plum tomatoes and cilantro.
Tim made this recipe up! Go Tim! I seriously just love sweet potatoes SO MUCH. So much that I’m surprised I didn’t chow down all four halves down in one sitting. I could have though… just saying.
Do you like sweet potatoes? What’s your favorite way to eat em?
By the way, I recently made some changes to my Recipes pages. I now have three different categories under my Food page, so make sure to check them out.
My collection was getting a bit lengthy and outdated, so I tried to organize a little better for you guys. Let me know what you think! Hope everyone is having a terrific Thursday!