Last night I subbed for an outdoor bootcamp class at the Y. The class is one of our fee based specialty classes at the Y, and I am filling in for the next couple of weeks while we look for a replacement instructor. I was asked to take it on, but I declined even though I love teaching outdoor bootcamp and this actually used to be my class. It was one of the first I ever taught at Oak Square, and I definitely miss these members, but I just can’t commit to anything else at this point. Plus, I would miss Two A Days too much even though the Tuesday night crowd hasn’t been the same lately. I guess I’m slowly learning not to over-commit.
The weather was perfect for outdoor bootcamp last night though!
Here’s what I taught:
5-4-3-2-1 Outdoor Bootcamp Class
5x through circuit
- Side shuffles around basketball court twice, alternating leads
- 10 burpees
- Lateral walking pushups, 5 each side
4x through circuit
- Walking lunges across court, down and back
- Sprint across court, down and back
- 30 mountain climbers (15 each leg)
3x through circuit
- Side stepping squats across court, down and back, alternating leads
- 10 power jacks
- Run a lap around the Y
2x through circuit
- Inchworm across court, down and back
- 10 triceps dips
- 10 butterfly situps
1x through circuit
- Group plank lines
- Group reverse plank lines
- Group cross armed situps
Whether you are looking for a bootcampish sweat sesh of your own or if you are an instructor looking for a class format to use, you might like this. If doing by yourself, you obviously can’t do the group ab work at the end, but you can still do the moves solo. It’s a nice way to change things up. Hope you love it!
Outdoor bootcamp – yay or nay? Favorite exercises?