Sunday, why are you already here?
I’m having a little too much fun this weekend with the lovely Erica who is visiting from New York. But more on that later this week.
For you guys, some 80’s jams to work out to.
Maybe even in this outfit?!
I mean, who doesn’t love 80’s music? If that’s you, well,
you’re lame sorry but this playlist is all 80’s! Circuit Training folks, this is what I played in Tuesday night and Thursday classes.
If you’re looking to switch up the music on your iPod (maybe something instead of the Top 40 countdown?), these are great for energizing and getting you through a tough workout.
Like these circuit stations:
- Regular Bicep Curls (front)
- Arm Walks (Hand, Hand, Forearm, Forearm)
- Jog in place + speedbag arms
- Decline Pushups
- Tricep Dips on Bench
- Diagonal Bicep Curls (side)
- Mountain Climbers
- Two Squat Pulses + One Squat Jump
- Run-Ups on Step (facing step, up up down down)
- Genie Oblique Twists (sitting on bench)
- Calf Raises + Front Arm Raise
- Hip Raises (aka pelvic thrusts)
- Alternating Front Lunges
- Run-Ups on Step (straddle step, then up up down down)
- Side to side step hops (hands on step, butt in air, hopping feet side to side)
Each of these moves should be done for one minute, followed by 30-45 seconds of cardio bursts. So you would do 1 minute of bicep curls, 30-45 seconds of jumping jacks, 1 minute of arm walks, 30-45 seconds of jump rope, and so on.
Some ideas for cardio bursts?
- Jumping Jacks
- Jumping Jacks + Jabs Front or Jabs Side
- Seal Jacks
- Alternating Front Kicks
- Alternating Back Kicks
- Quick Feet / Runners
- Jump Rope – in place, side to side, front and back, alternating feet, single leg
- Ski Jumps
- High Knees
- Butt Kicks
As always, honor your bodies and injuries and make sure to check with a doctor before starting a new program.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!