Good morning, friends!
Today’s post? A little fitness survey, as seen the other day on Carrots N Cake.
Five Fitness Things I Can’t Live Without:
Does fitness in general count? How about…
- Teaching my classes
- Gym friends
- Toe Spacers
- The Stick
- The Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises
I know that’s 6 things, but I couldn’t decide okay?
Most Embarrassing Song I Listen to While Working Out:
I have a lot of 80’s aerobics specific playlists. Those are pretty embarrassing, especially when coworkers are able to see my shared iTunes library at work. Check out my “On my iPod” page to be the judge of this question!
Favorite Pre-Workout Snack or Meal:
Apparently I’m really bad at picking favorites. First thing that came to mind? Whole wheat toast, an English muffin, or an Arnold’s Sandwich Thin with almond or peanut butter on it. Other favorites? A banana or a Luna bar.
On My Fitness Bucket List:
- Get full arm strength back after my shoulder injury
- Pass the ACSM Certification Exam
- Try Crossfit
- Make my own fitness video
- Become a more advanced Yogi
Must Have Tech Tools:
I honestly don’t have any must haves. I still rock CD’s to class, so even if I say my iPod, it’s not a MUST have. I don’t have anything else very fancy either! Does an elliptical count? Maybe I should get with the times?
Top Exercise Gear:
I already mentioned my toe spacers…
- I absolutely NEED a headband or I can’t get a good workout. My favorite? The lululemon one Colleen gave me for my birthday.
- Fun sneakers and even more fun sneakers
- Matching tank and capri workout sets
- Sports bras!
- Leotards & dance shoes – I don’t use them often anymore, but I would never be able to get rid of them!
- You never regret a workout.
- Make fitness your way of life.
- Commit to be fit.
Favorite Cardio Exercise:
- Cardio intervals interspersed between strength moves in interval/circuit training/bootcamp classes. Jumping jacks, jump rope, high knees, butt kicks, mountain climbers, football runs, shuffles, cross-overs, ski jumps, skaters, etc.
- Corpbasics Kix
- Spin class
- Interval elliptical workouts
Favorite Strength Moves:
- Tricep Dips on a bench
- Glute Presses
This list goes on and on…
Question of the Day: Your turn! You fill out the fitness survey and leave it as a comment. Would love to hear about all of you.
Five fitness things I can’t live without:
2. Showers at the gym
3. Child’s pose
5. Does it count if I say my boyfriend for massages when I’m sore?
Most embarrassing song I listen to while working out:
-Probably Free Bird, not because it’s an embarrassing song necessarily, but because of the fact that I can’t help but get REALLY into it when the guitar solo gets crazy towards the end
Favorite pre-workout snack or meal:
-Since I usually work out in the AM, I want to eat something before but nothing too crazy, so I have a little cereal. Then I have a “second breakfast” after my workout.
On my fitness bucket list:
-Try yoga (I have only tried once many many years ago)
-Increase hamstring flexibility (though I maintain that there may be something physically wrong with my legs/hips/something else to prevent this from happening)
-Try crossfit! (I didn’t just steal this from you, I’ve been thinking about it!)
Must have tech tools:
-iPad (I recently got one and I’m loving it for reading during my lighter workouts on the bike, pulling up your workouts on there to follow instead of printing them out, and using fitness apps for ideas)
-iPod – Don’t use this much anymore but it’s good occasionally when I’m on the bike
-I also love my heart rate monitor, though I don’t use it much these days
Top exercise gear:
-My water bottle
-I love new workout outfits (getting some for Christmas!)
-A good gym bag that can fit all my stuff so I can shower at the gym
-“I’ve got this. I want this.” – courtesy of Molly, former monday AM spin instructor!
Favorite cardio exercise:
(same as you, Athena)
-Cardio intervals in between strength moves
-Stationary bike (for my lighter workouts, i.e. friday morning)
Favorite strength moves:
-Inner/outer thigh presses
-Chest presses/bench press – nothing makes you feel more badass than doing reps on the bench press – even if you don’t put any weights on the bar
I never thought I would find such an eveayrdy topic so enthralling!