Good morning, friends!
Today’s post? A little fitness survey, as seen the other day on Carrots N Cake.
Five Fitness Things I Can’t Live Without:
Does fitness in general count? How about…
- Teaching my classes
- Gym friends
- Toe Spacers
- The Stick
- The Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises
I know that’s 6 things, but I couldn’t decide okay?
Most Embarrassing Song I Listen to While Working Out:
I have a lot of 80’s aerobics specific playlists. Those are pretty embarrassing, especially when coworkers are able to see my shared iTunes library at work. Check out my “On my iPod” page to be the judge of this question!
Favorite Pre-Workout Snack or Meal:
Apparently I’m really bad at picking favorites. First thing that came to mind? Whole wheat toast, an English muffin, or an Arnold’s Sandwich Thin with almond or peanut butter on it. Other favorites? A banana or a Luna bar.
On My Fitness Bucket List:
- Get full arm strength back after my shoulder injury
- Pass the ACSM Certification Exam
- Try Crossfit
- Make my own fitness video
- Become a more advanced Yogi
Must Have Tech Tools:
I honestly don’t have any must haves. I still rock CD’s to class, so even if I say my iPod, it’s not a MUST have. I don’t have anything else very fancy either! Does an elliptical count? Maybe I should get with the times?
Top Exercise Gear:
I already mentioned my toe spacers…
- I absolutely NEED a headband or I can’t get a good workout. My favorite? The lululemon one Colleen gave me for my birthday.
- Fun sneakers and even more fun sneakers
- Matching tank and capri workout sets
- Sports bras!
- Leotards & dance shoes – I don’t use them often anymore, but I would never be able to get rid of them!
- You never regret a workout.
- Make fitness your way of life.
- Commit to be fit.
Favorite Cardio Exercise:
- Cardio intervals interspersed between strength moves in interval/circuit training/bootcamp classes. Jumping jacks, jump rope, high knees, butt kicks, mountain climbers, football runs, shuffles, cross-overs, ski jumps, skaters, etc.
- Corpbasics Kix
- Spin class
- Interval elliptical workouts
Favorite Strength Moves:
- Tricep Dips on a bench
- Glute Presses
This list goes on and on…
Question of the Day: Your turn! You fill out the fitness survey and leave it as a comment. Would love to hear about all of you.