You GUYS. I am having a serious problem.
I can’t stop eating these cookies!!!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe inspired by and adapted from Meaningful Eats, makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup agave
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, coconut oil, and agave.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add the almond flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet a couple of inches apart.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
I ran out of dark chocolate chips and needed to improvise with half dark chocolate and half white chocolate. Next time I bake these, I think I’ll try replacing the butter to see how the taste comparison goes. What would you guys recommend? Unsweetened applesauce? Avocado? Other ideas?
What’s a fun food (healthy or not) that you can’t get enough of lately?
I wouldn’t be able to stop eating those either! I need to find myself some almond flour!
What a lovely bake you have there, Yummy! =)