Last month, my friend Liz threw a party where the theme was to bring something you can eat off a toothpick. I brought toothpicks stacked with apples and brie cheese drizzled with sweet honey and sprinkled with cinnamon. These popular appetizers made an appearance again last weekend at Friendsgiving, and I’m here to share them with you guys today!
Apple Brie Appetizer Bites
Serves a crowd
- 5 apples
- 1 triangular block of brie cheese
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Mini skewers or toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Core the apples, then cut them into cube sized pieces.
- Cut the brie in half lengthwise, then cut into squares. Try to get the square to be a similar size to the apple cubes.
- On your skewer or toothpick, put the brie on rind side up, then the apple.
- Arrange the toothpicks with the apples and brie on an oven safe dish, then drizzle with honey and sprinkle with a little cinnamon and salt.
- Bake for five minutes in the oven, just enough so that the brie begins to get gooey. Don’t overcook, or they will be too melted.
I promise you can’t go wrong with these sweet and savory appetizer combination. The sweet apples, cinnamon, and honey balance out nicely with the cheese and salt. Baking these in the oven for five minutes is long enough for the cheese to melt the perfect amount while allowing the apples to still maintain a little crispiness.
These bites require minimal ingredients and barely take any time at all to prepare. They are so easy and the perfect appetizer (or dessert or everyday snack) for the holidays. Let me know if you end up making these for Thanksgiving this week!
Readers, let’s chat! Do you prefer sweet or savory? What’s your favorite sweet and savory food combination? Are you making any appetizers for Thanksgiving this week?
Have a great Monday, you guys!