Happy Sunday Morning!
I’ve been leaving you guys hanging for an apple recipe since Friday when I wrote about my apple picking experience this year. Well, I’m about to share one with you.
I hope that in return you’ll stop by the Health Fair at the Oak Square YMCA at 10am this morning. I mean, I’ve been up since 6am to setup and prep the event with the other coordinators. And I’ve breathed #oakscare for three straight weeks. So please, come. I promise you’ll still have plenty of time for baking this afternoon.
Apple Nut Bread
Recipe inspired by SkinnyTaste
- 1 large finely diced and peeled apple
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/8 tsp + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Baking spray
- Chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the apple, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, agave, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix oil, egg whites, sugar, apple sauce, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until thick.
- Add the flour mixture, then blend at low-speed until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in the center rack about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
This was so good. And I’ve made some really yummy breads before! Tim said he even thought he might like this better than my whole wheat banana bread, my banana and blueberry bread, and my cranberry nut bread. He may be right…
Another delicious fall recipe. And I bet it tastes even better after attending a community health fair.
What’s your favorite way to use apples after apple picking?
I have another delicious, and much sought after, apple recipe coming your way this week! Stay tuned!
Awww, great post! I’m getting so hungry after looking at the pictures! =)
I’ll bet it’s delicious warm with lots of butter melting into it!
Useful info. Fortunate me I discovered your site by chance,
and I’m shocked why this coincidence didn’t happened earlier!
I bookmarked it.