In my Reader Recipes series, I am highlighting one F&F reader a month so they can share their favorite recipes with all of you. This month’s recipe comes from reader Amber, who blogs over at Amber Cooks. Thank you, Amber, for sharing your reader recipe!
These came about after dinner one night. My boyfriend has a major sweet tooth and really wanted a little something, so I went into the kitchen, threw all the sweet stuff I had into a bowl, and voilà! No bake dessert balls were born.
One thing that I really like about these is that you can make them your own. I always switch up what chocolate I use and what nut butter I use to see what combos we like best. Or you could go the energy route and add some flaxseed or chia seeds, making these a great snack on your way to the gym! Personally, I like to eat a couple for breakfast on my way to work (if we have any leftover by morning, ha).
Things you’ll need:
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I’ve used creamy and reduced fat peanut butter and almond butter — both have worked great!)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 oz. semi-sweet / dark / white chocolate, roughly chopped (I’ve also done a combo of dark and white chocolate chips that was a big hit!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- Add all ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll into balls.
I like to spray my hands with a little olive oil cooking spray so the balls don’t stick to my hands in the rolling process. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
If anyone is interested in being featured on Reader Recipes, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m open to any recipes (healthy or not), you just need to be willing to write up a little post about it and photograph your food. Would love to feature you, and you do not need to be a blogger to participate!