Hope you all enjoyed my first Reader Recipe this morning from Jen! If you missed it, make sure to go check it out. And then get so inspired that you feel like being the next Reader Recipe post for me. Then decide, YES and get pumped, and email me about it.
Let’s talk fitness.
As you know, my last two weeks have NOT been fitness focused. The first week I was finding myself guilty of over-training and really craving some rest for my body. Last week, I was still getting settled from the move, starting my new job, and finalizing crazy amounts of scheduling details for the Y.
This week, I’m hoping to be back into a normal schedule and have some kick-ass workouts.
Last Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: Off
- Tuesday: Two A Day! Took Liz’s Kickboxing, then taught my Circuit class with one of the 3-2-1 Circuit Training workouts from Best Body Bootcamp. We finished class with the BBB core work.
- Wednesday: The 45 Minute Elliptical Triple Mountain Workout (a cardio workout I came up with from BBB) + BBB core work afterwards.
- Thursday: Taught my Circuit class through a face/eye injury using the other 3-2-1 Circuit Training workout from Best Body Bootcamp. I really enjoyed those!
- Friday: Off
- Saturday: Off
Oh wait, you want me to explain the face/eye injury?
It was 5:40am on Thursday morning, and I was loading my car for the day. Loading my car on Thursdays automatically includes: Purse, Gym bag including shower stuff from my morning workout + change of work clothes for the day, Lunch bag, Work bag with my laptop, and anything “extra” which on Thursday included a bunch of returns I was doing after work. After I finished tossing all these things into my car, I was standing back up on the driver’s side when the car door itself decided to not remain open and instead start shutting itself. In a case of really bad timing, the point of my car door sliced my face right beneath my eye as I was standing up. Ensue: bloody cut on my face right under my left eye (thank God it didn’t hit my eye itself..?!), my left contact falling out, and immediate swelling/pain.
But I had no choice but to get in my car and continue toward the Y for 6am class. Thankfully I had caught my contact in my hand and it popped back in with no issue. I had no ice, and my face was REALLY hurting, so I rubbed the plum in my lunch bag all over my face on my drive in. Makeshift ice pack, what of it? Then I taught class with salty sweat dripping over my cut, had a personal trainer bring me antibacterial ointment and Advil which I tried applying/taking while still teaching, and my face was black and blue for my second day of work.
However, everyone’s suggestions on my Facebook page for what to tell people for a story *almost* made it worth it.
This Week’s Workouts
Back to this week.
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: Kix at CBC, maybe more cardio if I have time?
- Tuesday: Taking Kickboxing, Teaching Circuit
- Wednesday: Off or TBD
- Thursday: Teaching 6am Circuit
- Friday: Teaching 6am Cardio & Core
- Saturday: Yoga
What’s on your workout agenda for the week? Ever have a couple of weeks in a row where your workouts haven’t been up to par? Ever injured your face/eye?