Need your opinions.
Is it bad to wear a shirt about wine to the gym?
Just wanted to sport my new Big Fat Greek Wine gear, that’s all.
I forgot to mention in my update last night one of the greatest comments ever about my class. Ali overheard a girl say, “She’s trying to kill us… it’s like the Hunger Games!”
If that was you, fess up. Because that’s awesome.
On another note, I have a new recipe post for your mid-week enjoyment. This is Liz’s recipe that she brought along to the good-bye party we had for Jen last month. It’s starting to get WARM here in Beantown, so I wanted to get this soup recipe out before it’s too hot to really enjoy soup. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t like having soup when it’s warm outside!
This recipe would be delicious on a cool end of March, beginning of April night. 🙂
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 6 tablespoons butter —> to make it healthier, just use olive oil and skip the butter altogether
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped ginger root
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 7 cups chicken broth —> or vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds peeled carrots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee ginger, garlic, and onion in the butter or substitute
- Add wine, carrots, and broth and then simmer until carrots are soft
- Puree soup in blender
- Season with lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper
- Serve hot or chilled
Thanks Liz for the recipe!
(And sorry I didn’t snap any pics of your delish soup during the party)
What’s your favorite kind of soup?!
I’m excited because I actually get to have a social life tonight. On a SCHOOL night too. Thursday 6am-ers, I may be dragging in the morning, but I promise you’ll get a good workout. Swiss ball theme class is planned and ready to go!