Last Monday my brother and I took my grandfather out to dinner at Freestones City Grill in New Bedford. I really needed some normal family time, Papou was happy, and I enjoyed a yummy meal.
Tuesday was our Valentine’s Day themed Two A Day. Here’s a picture of Liz’s Valentine’s Day themed Kickboxing class last week, don’t we all look so Valentine-y?
And because I was in the mood to create my own high intensity circuit instead of use the one in last week’s Best Body Bootcamp plan, that’s what I did. Pretty much the same format, I just used different exercises.
Wednesday was full of Valentine’s preparations, and Thursday was Valentine’s Day, which I’ll recap separately. Besides that, a few eats worth sharing…
Shrimp and couscous with feta:
And dillas! With grilled chicken, mushrooms, green pepper, onions, and mozzarella cheese. And homemade salsa (yes it continues), plain Greek yogurt, and homemade guacamole on the side.
Yum. This weekend was full of wedding activities, the rescheduled Spin A Thon, and some much-needed me time. I’ve been going through a few personal things, so taking some time to myself was definitely the right thing to do.
Looking ahead to this week…
Last Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: 30 minutes of cycling + 60 seconds burpees + this core tabata + an ab ladder
- Tuesday: Took Liz’s Kickboxing class, then taught the circuit workout pictured above. Valentine’s Day classes were so fun!
- Wednesday: Off
- Thursday: Taught upper body pyramid strength, courtesy of Best Body Bootcamp
- Friday: Timed 1 mile treadmill run (7:33! I am proud of myself and my progress) + three rounds of this mini circuit:
1 – Alternating front lunges with medicine ball twist (10 each leg, finishing with 10 pulses holding the ball overhead), 2 – Stability ball crunches (both front and obliques), 3 – one minute elbow plank on the stability ball
- Saturday: 1 hour of cycling during the Oak Square Y Spin A Thon!
This Week’s Workouts
Not teaching on Tuesday this week is really throwing me off with planning the rest of my workouts for the week. Lots TBD, which is okay. Better to not lock myself into a workout I’m unsure of or not really feeling. Sometimes spur of the moment workouts are better.
- Sunday: At home morning workout before the wedding – 20 minutes of Kickboxing in the living room + BBB Strength Workout A.
- Monday: TBD or off. If I head in for a workout later, it will likely be for Kim’s class or Dynamax with Monique. Maybe yoga? Not sure yet!
- Tuesday: Off, unless I don’t work out later today, then I’ll do something in the morning before working from home. Maria is subbing my Interval Training class, as I’ll be at a Y reception accepting my 5 years of teaching at the Y award.
- Wednesday: Long interval cardio
- Thursday: Teaching 6am class (with BBB Strength Workout B) + observing (which probably means taking) Zumba at night. We have a new instructor auditioning.
- Friday: Off
- Saturday: Double pyramid workout from BBB. TONS OF BURPEES! Anyone want to have a gym date with me and do this workout together?
Anything you’d like to catch me up on?
Make sure to check in tomorrow morning, I have what might be my most exciting giveaway yet!