Good morning everyone! Happy Wednesday. Since I had Monday off and used a sick day yesterday for two doctor’s appointments, I’m pumped that it is already Wednesday.
As I mentioned on Monday, I spent Saturday & Sunday down the Cape with a bunch of friends. My roommate’s boyfriend Geoff invited us to spend the night at his family’s house in Orleans, dubbed “Camp Rice.” We really lucked out weather wise – Mother Nature apparently still thinks it’s summer! We were able to get to the beach both days, hang out outside by the campfire, and really just enjoy being removed from everything. Literally – we were in the middle of the sand dunes and not much else – which was perfect. The house was built in 1940, has two rooms (kitchen/living room in 1, and 1 bedroom), no running water, no electricity unless you use a generator, and the bathroom is actually an outhouse in the yard. It was so fun to “rough it” for the night!
I guess you could call this another No Carb Left Behind weekend of sorts – although we didn’t bring nearly as much food, I ate a lot! I didn’t document every single meal and snack, so instead I’ll list out what we all consumed this weekend in some shape or form:
- Chips & peach mango salsa
- Pretzels (I might have dipped these in cream cheese a few times…)
- Deli sandwiches
- Hot Dogs
- Shipyard Pumpkin beer
- Coors Light
- Swedish Fish Vodka and Seltzer Water
- Apple Streusel Muffins
- Mini Bagels with cream cheese
- Scrambled eggs
- Beer Bread
- Carrots & Hummus
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
Some picture highlights:
For the full album of pictures, you can click this link.
WEEK’S WORKOUT PLAN
Monday: Heat yoga at Prana. I haven’t been to yoga in so long. Felt nice to be back, but my shoulder was sore afterwards 🙁
Tuesday: Liz’s Corpbasics Kix class, followed by my Circuit Training class at the Oak Square Y
Wednesday: Andy’s Kix class at CBC
Thursday: My morning Circuit Training class
Friday: Own workout – thinking a lunch time elliptical sesh since I’m working from home.
I also went to the grocery store (Trader Joe’s!) to stalk up on healthy food for the next week (hopefully 2).
In my cart:
- Veggies: Bok Choy, 1 orange pepper, celery, mushrooms, green beans, asparagus, broccoli
- Fruit: 2 apples, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, grapes
- Dairy: Cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, crumbled goat cheese
- Nuts: Raw almonds, California chopped walnuts, halved pecans
- Snacks: Multigrain pretzel sticks, TLC Original 7 grain crackers, pumpkin spice granola, 2 Clif Bars, 2 Luna Bars
- Drinks: 2 bottles raspberry lime seltzer
- Spices: Coriander, Ground Cloves
- Other: 2 boxes Trader Joe’s soup, 1 jar almond butter, 2 cans pumpkin
Question of the Day: What are you doing to keep healthy this week?
Don’t forget to enter my free giveaway!