Morning, all. Apparently I’m all about numbers in my blog post titles lately.
Why does it have to be Monday already!? Wah. Weekend come back?? Please?
I’m gonna start the week by announcing the winner of the Big Fat Greek wine giveaway:
Ashley, who said: “I would vote Savatiano as the wine I would like best since I’m partial to Dry Whites. (Wait, that sounds weird). The best part about being Greek??? Maybe the culture? The food? The amazingly friendly people? Who can choose?! My trip to Greece last Spring was hands down the best experience of my life. And you better believe the Greek wine was HUGE part of the experience!”
Congrats, Ashley!! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize.
And since it’s Monday morning, and I’m dragging a little, I’m gonna post something I’ve been just a liiiiitttleee behind on posting.
I have meant to do this for so long now. So here ya go, something fun to start the week.
Here’s how this little game works:
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Tag 11 people. Then go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them. This isn’t meant to be a “do this if you’re reading this” kind of thing.
Ok well, I guess rule # 1 is done. Although I just edited #5 and #6 into one because the grammar didn’t sound correct to me.
11 Random Things About Myself
- I’m a huge nail biter. Don’t look at my hands. And someone tell me when I’m going to be proposed to, so I can go get fake nails ahead of time. Just kidding. Don’t tell me. Just tell me to go get my nails done.
- One time I fell off the Swiss Ball while teaching a class. Unlike the time I fell off a Swiss Ball because I stood on it in attempts to show off in front of my friend, this time was by accident. I just said, “Don’t do what I just did.”
- I have been on 5 cruises. Anyone up for #6? Pretty please?
- If I could change one thing about my body, it would be my feet. Bunions aren’t cool for 26 year olds. Neither are orthodics. Or toe spacers.
- I currently have 62 other blogs in my Google Reader. AND I just went through and unsubscribed from a bunch that weren’t really doing it for me anymore.
- I can’t sleep unless all my drawers are completely shut all the way. OCD much? Tim opens them back up just to taunt me. That’s rude. Especially because peeing has to be the last thing I do before I crawl into bed. So if I go to the bathroom, get into bed, then have to get out of bed to shut my drawers, I then have to go to the bathroom AGAIN before being able to sleep. Normal, right?
- I came in 2nd place in the 5th grade spelling bee. I lost on the word “acreage.” I definitely cried for a week.
- Also in 5th grade, someone asked me in art class if I was a virgin. Not having any idea what a virgin was, I thought it was a bad thing. 5th grade Athena, bangs and all, defensively said “NO!” and everyone laughed. I went home and asked my mother what a virgin was, and she told me it was someone that didn’t have a lot of boyfriends.
- Every night I go to bed with fuzzy socks on, and wake up with fuzzy socks off. I bet there is quite the collection of dusty fuzzy socks under my bed.
- I never straightened my hair until I was in college and my roommate kindly asked if I had ever used a hair straightener before. Thank you, Steph, for that shining moment of friendship.
- In college, I used to spell check all my roommates’ away messages before we went out for the night. God forbid one of them have a grammatical error for the AIM world to see. Thank God for at least one English Major roommate…
Random enough for you?
Next! Time to answer the questions Whitney came up with in her post.
Whitney’s 11 Questions
1. If you had to choose, which you pick: Running over yoga, or vice versa?
I am not much of a runner (see #4 in the previous section) so yoga for sure! Heat yoga, that is.
2. Kindle, iPad, or actual book?
I haven’t caught up with the rest of the world yet. I’m still into actual books. I think I can be turned though.
3. Favorite fitness magazine and why?
Women’s Health. They are the most versatile, in my opinion.
4. Favorite vegetable and favorite way to cook it?
Okay, I just stared at this question for way too long. Mushrooms, asparagus, sweet potatoes, kale, I don’t know. Sorry, Whitney, but I can’t choose.
5. What is your favorite kind of sweet? Cake, ice cream, cookies, tortes, you name it!
Any chocolate + peanut butter combo. I mean it. Any.
6. The Olympics are this summer, what sport are you excited to watch?
7. What kind of running shoes do you wear? Why?
I don’t wear running shoes! Because I wear cross trainers (Nike Frees) instead.
8. lol Whitney, you forgot a number 8!
9. What kind of yoga mat do you have? Do you even have a yoga mat?
I actually have no idea what kind of yoga mat I have because it came from the rec center at college. Whoops.
11. What do you do for a day job?
I like to keep my place of work separate from blogging, but I work in the Marketing Division for a medical software company. My official title is “Senior Marketing Specialist, Clinical Performance Team.” Fancy, shmancy.
Alright. Moving on…. my questions!
My 11 Questions for Others
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your unhealthiest habit?
- What’s your favorite ab exercise?
- Tell me about an awkward moment you’ve had recently. Ready, go.
- Big sunglasses. Yay or nay?
- What’s your favorite group fitness class? Do you even take group fitness classes?
- Do you think bacon really is delicious on/with anything?
- What blog post from another blog is sticking out in your mind as memorable this week?
- What about maintaining a healthy lifestyle do you find the most challenging?
- Do you snort when you laugh?
Time to tag 11 others!
11 People I’m Tagging…
Alli @ Alli Learns Life
Melissa @ Melissa Nibbles
Jen @ Nutcaseinpoint
Cait @ A Twist & A Shake
Kristen @ Be Fit With Kristen
Meghann @ Meals & Miles
Erica @ Itzy’s Kitchen
LJ @ Salt, Sun, and Sanity
Christine @ Oatmeal in My Bowl
Heather @ For the Love of Kale
Ashley @ The Vegetable Life
Tag, you guys are all it!
Any commentary for anything you’ve “learned” about me today?! C’mon, don’t be boring.