I haven’t posted since last Wednesday! That’s longer than I ideally like to go between posts, but I’ve just been busy enjoying the official launch of the wellness program at work as well as hosting my friend Erica at my apartment since Thursday night. Blogging just had to take a backseat for a few days!
Anyways, Erica is one of my college besties who lives in New York City, and I was so excited we were able to coordinate a Boston visit this summer to celebrate her recent engagement! Our ACTIVITIES for the weekend looked like this:
- Thursday night: Wine + catch-up + sleep
- Friday: Slesh joined us for breakfast and triple work from home date, followed by a fishbowl at The Landing + CODZILLA (we survived!) + dinner and drinks and fun at Jery Remy’s in the seaport
- Saturday: Beach day at Winthrop beach + dinner at Russell House Tavern in Harvard Square + drinks and dancing at Middlesex and Cantab Lounge in Central Square
- Sunday: Bagels and farewell
Here are some snapshots from our fun:
Miss you already, Erica!
Moving on to my Monday motivation for you guys…
Last Week’s Workouts
Last week I got four solid quality workout days in:
Outdoor run + at home strength circuit
Outdoor run + the advanced version of this plank workout I posted last week
Kickboxing + taught a barre inspired class in my class
Active rest — long walk
Taught mini circuit strength sets in my 6am class:
- SET 1 = Squat to hip abduction, pushup to frogger (my latest favorite move), cross knee planks
- SET 2 = Alternating front lunges with oblique rotation, monkey curls, side plank toe taps
- SET 3 = Deadlift to rows, triceps dips + toe taps, flutter kicks
We did the exercises in each set for 15 reps each. Each set was done 3x through before moving to the next set. In between each set we did one minute of jack + jabs, one minute of side shuffle touchdowns, 45 seconds of runners, and 5 burpees. It was a good class!
This Week’s Workouts
- Sunday — 2 mile run + this mini circuit that Monique posted last week
- Monday — Cardio of some sort + core work
- Tuesday — Liz’s Kickboxing, then teaching my class
- Wednesday — going to take another free CrossFit class at the City Sports in Legacy Place
- Thursday — teaching my class in the morning (this is likely going to be a rest day for me after working out on Wednesday night)
- Friday — workout TBD. Maybe Studio Empower? We’ll see.
- Saturday — workout TBD, maybe?
When’s the last time you saw a good friend you haven’t seen in a while?
Hope your weeks are off to a great start! What’s on the workout agenda this week?