If you are playing catch up, here’s what you missed on F&F this week:
- A bunch of past running related posts in honor of the Boston Marathon: A running round up for Marathon Monday
- Super awesome guest post from my friend Lindsey: My StrongFirst kettlebell certification experience
- A fun new series I started, featuring you guys: You made it, you did it (volume 1)
I also wanted to mention a cool new concept that’s launching next week in the city. Be Studios is a meditation bar that was recently created by a few Harvard students, and they are hosting their kickoff classes on Monday 4/27 in Back Bay. If you are interested in checking out the meditation classes, here’s the event info.
And here’s your weekly Friday reading. Enjoy!
- This is amazing: Your butt cheeks are making me sad
- Love: Finding motivation on Marathon Monday
- Good tips: What to do when you’re not making progress
- Interesting. What do you think? 12 observations from training women
- We’ve all been there: How to break out of a running rut
- Yes: Wherever you are, start there
- This made my stomach growl: Spring pizza with lemony pea pesto and artichoke hearts
- YUM: Strawberry banana oat bars
- Nutritious: Chia, quinoa, and banana bars
- Just bought dried blueberries, so this is perfect timing: No bake blueberry muffin energy balls
- Love the flavor combos: Artichoke, mushroom, and onion saute
Blogging and Social Media
- Learn from their mistakes: The Lord & Taylor FTC disclosure drama
- Helpful: 5 tips to get noticed by your favorite brands
- On my to do list: Getting started with Google AdSense
- I just love social media: Hashtags for every day of the week
- Tons of tips: How to design blog post images
- Here too: How I grew my email list
- Interesting: Grow your Facebook reach
Self Image, Life, and Inspiration
- Lift people up: Be an encourager
- This: Three ways the body positive movement could be more positive
- Good ones: What to do when your job is seriously stressing you out
Readers, let’s chat with our usual Friday questions! What was the best part of your week, and what’s up for the weekend?
Best part of the week: Maybe finding a new apartment? We should find out today if we got it. Fingers crossed! This weekend: Tonight and tomorrow are completely up in the air. Maybe seeing our friends Cate and Joe after we had to postpone with them a couple of weeks ago, maybe tackling Harvard Stadium tomorrow with gym friends, maybe heading to Men’s Wearhouse for a suit sale? We’ll see. Sunday I will be at the Schwinn indoor cycling coach certification in Hingham all day.
Whatever you do, have a good one!