Hey guys. Tim and I were supposed to leave bright and early for Newport this morning to enjoy the beautiful day before his cousin’s wedding tonight, but he got stranded in Nashville on his work trip last night and now doesn’t land until late this morning. I am so bummed that we are losing a whole day of our three day getaway plan, especially since we haven’t had a getaway in the longest time and today looks to be the nicest weather of the three. Of course Sunday looks like rain. Sigh. Nothing we can do about it, but I’m just grumpy.
Before we get into Friday Favorites, some housekeeping:
–If you subscribe to F&F in a reader, check your RSS feed. Some of you reported not seeing blog posts ever since something updated in the background. You might have to re-add my site to get the latest updates? Not sure.
–I also wanted to let you guys know that the ClassPass deal I mentioned on Tuesday ($50 off your membership if you sign up via my referral link) was extended through today. If you missed it earlier this week, it’s not too late!
–Finally, I wanted to say that it feels great to be back to blogging this week! If you missed any posts, here you go:
- 40 minute park bench bootcamp
- Shaking things up at NBGNO
- Fitness update: Workouts lately, ClassPass, and what I’m changing
And now you get your links (thought some of you were truly mad at me last week for leaving you stranded without any Friday reading material!). Enjoy!
- Check these out: 20 resources for legit workout programs you can actually afford
- Jams: The cardio playlist for your next workout needs
- Love: 4 finisher workouts that will get your bootcampers buzzing
- A better focus, in my opinion: 10 ways to measure progress other than the bathroom scale
- Great advice: Gymtimidation no more
- Be your own personal trainer: Adjustments and corrections you can make right now
- Great perspective: Is “lift big, eat big” always the way to go?
- Love this acronym for mindful eating: Yes, you CAN develop better eating habits
- New muffin recipe to try: Sweet potato, almond, and ginger muffins
- Yes to these please: 44 surprisingly healthy Mexican recipes
- Bring on berry season: 56 healthy ways to eat more blueberries
- Get in my belly: Peanut butter oatmeal cookie granola
- Looks so good! Quinoa broccoli slaw
- Minimize the mess: 35 one pot or pan meals
- Twist my arm: Cilantro lime chickpea salad
Self Image, Life, and Inspiration
- Many of you sent this one to me! The after myth
- Interesting health hacks: 23 unexpected ways to hack your health
- The one link you must read this week if you read any: How being selfish made me kinder and more patient
- So interesting to me: The stress response and how toxic hostility is slowly killing us
Readers, let’s chat! What was the best part of your week, and what’s up for the weekend?
Best part of my week was booking our honeymoon. We decided we are going to Aruba! Putting in my 11 full days off (over two week) via work vacation request was pretty thrilling too. 🙂