I am so fuh-reaking excited to have a low-key weekend. It’s borderline pathetic how psyched I am to wake up tomorrow and ask myself what I feel like doing. I see date night, time spent outside, the farmer’s market, and some R&R in my future. <–much needed.
If you missed my posts this week, here you go:
Now sit back for another round of awesomeness from around the web:
- Why I love fitness in Boston: Our faith in fitness
- Rock stars: Go to sources for female strength training
- For the yogis: How to do crow pose
- Truth: Why trying to burn calories is a waste of your time
- Hilarious, but true: 15 things girls who lift are tired of hearing
- For all the zucchini that’s coming our way: Zucchini pasta salad with creamy cashew sauce
- This one too: Pistachio kale pesto with zucchini noodles and cherries
- Screams summer: Sweet corn, peach, and cherry salad with creamy goat cheese and lime dressing
- This one too: Mango, red pepper, and orzo salad
- Gonna be my next splurge. Like tonight: Chocolate peanut butter banana cream pie with pretzel crust
- Cool: Guide to vegetarian grilling
- Fun and cute in a jar: Homemade BBQ sauce with no sugar added
- YES: Six reasons your body doesn’t look any different despite “doing everything right” (don’t skip this one)
- Never judge: A mile in my shoes
- Holy moly, I need these: 12 practical steps for learning to go with flow
- Love, love, love: Stop basing your self-worth on your physique
- Helpful: How to use Hootsuite
- Someday I’ll learn more about these: 20 WordPlus plugins to install today
- Awesome example response in this one: How to identify spammers posing as guest posters/advertisers
How are your weekends looking? Busy or relaxed? What was the best part of your week? What are three things you plan on doing today?
Three things for me today? Go out to lunch with Tim’s parents, organize all the returns I have to do, and play around with my new blog design coming soon! Happy weekend, friends.
Oh wow, so many great links. LOVE the 6 reasons your body doesn’t look different. It’s hard to accept sometimes, but gradual, small changes that you turn into habits are definitely the way to go. Also love the Boston inspired posts! I’m still maneuvering my way through fitness in Boston, so I’d love to see more posts about that!
I have a friend visiting from out of town, so we’ll probably do some Freedom Trail exploration and end at the top of Bunker Hill. Today, I plan on going for a long walk as an active recovery day and getting some prep done for back-to-school! (I’m a 7th grade teacher, so it’s coming quickly!)
Hi Alexis, hope you had a great weekend last weekend. Thanks for the suggestions for more Boston fitness posts. Will keep that in mind!
I am serving a farm to table dinner tonight on my patio with my fire pit (and kids playing) in the background 🙂 I cannot wait! I did most of the prep last night and tonight I’ll add the finishing touches tonight after I get back from my friends pool.
Hope your dinner was awesome! You are lucky to have extra food prep time in the afternoons. 🙂
Aw, thanks for sharing the link to my post. It really means a lot to me when others can relate and appreciate what I say/think. Have a great weekend!
Working, eating, and driving to the Cape! It’s going to be another busy weekend at the Cape, but I can’t wait!
Hope the Cape was awesome! Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get there as much as I was hoping to this summer.
My weekend will be pretty busy, but I love the up-beat pace. The best part of my week will be today when I get home. 🙂 Great post. I especially loved the post on “Six reasons your body doesn’t look any different despite “doing everything right””. Thanks for this! Have an awesome weekend!
Hope your busy weekend last weekend didn’t disappoint! Glad you liked the six reasons article. That was one of my favorites.
Love the inspiration, especially a mile in my shoes and go with the flow. Thank you!!
You’re welcome! I knew you’d appreciate those.
Enjoy your low key weekend – I’m sure you are ready aftr all the events you’ve had lately!!
I was definitely ready! It was SO nice to wake up and decide what to do with my day instead of having every second planned out already.
I opened up over half of the links! Thanks for sharing all these great articles.
Also, you’re pretzel bites look ah-mazing!
Awesome! Hope you enjoyed reading through them.