Hey guys. I’ve taken a little hiatus from my daily blogging this week, mainly because I really needed to just step away from the computer a bit and spend a little more time in the kitchen/with Tim/on the couch, but also because I have a really wacky situation going on with my finger? Out of nowhere, I started experiencing some pain in my left pointer finger where my finger meets my hand. It feels like I sprained it, but I have no idea how that could have even happened. My workouts aren’t aggravating it, but typing really hurts, which doesn’t fare well for work or for blogging. I made a doctor’s appointment with the orthopedic for next Wednesday, so I hope to get some answers then. In the meantime, it’s ice and anti-inflammatory meds up the wazoo.
Before I share my Friday Favorites with you, I wanted to let my local readers know about a few FREE workout options for the rest of the month:
- BSC Commuter Workouts: The Boston Sports Clubs teamed up with the City of Boston’s Parks and Recreation Department and the Boston Public Health Commission to create a free and open to the public outdoor workout every Tuesday until August 26th from 5:30–6:30 p.m. If interested, this group meets at Clemente Field at the Back Bay Fens (behind the scoreboard). Make sure to bring a yoga mat or towel.
- BSC Adult Summer Camp: BSC also launched a free summer camp for adults program at two of their locations. The “camp” takes place on the green grass of the UXF training zones (turf-covered functional-fitness playgrounds). The equipment provided is designed to train users and to simulate summer activities at the beach, lake, or campground. Exercises include sitting in a boat pose on a BOSU ball while rowing a body bar to work out the core and arm muscles, tossing sandbags to work the core, or working arm and leg muscles in preparation for extreme sand-sculpting. If interested, the BSC in Waltham is running this every Monday evening in August at 6:30pm, and the BSC Back Bay Prudential is running this every Wednesday evening in August at 6:00pm.
- CrossFit on the Greenway: Don’t forget about the Reebok CrossFit on the Greenway classes offered on Thursdays through 8/21! More details on my experience are in this post.
Okay, time for the links! Enjoy!
- Fun: Total body workouts you can perform with a swing set
- Beginner to kettlebells? I was too!
- An exercise I don’t do enough of: 5 tips to improve your turkish get-ups
- Definitely using this in class soon: Booty blaster finisher
- Good info: The art of the deload
- How to: Medicine ball slams
Foodie & Recipes
- Yum: Tomato and zucchini frittata
- Good tips: Vegan freezer friendly food and tips for freezing
- Can’t get enough of these summer flavors: Zucchini, corn, and avocado salsa
- Want immediately: Peanut butter cookie dough dip
- Some good ideas in this round-up: Recipes for healthy snacking
- Read and learn: Pros and cons of the Paleo diet
- So simple! Almond butter date snack cake
- Need: Slow cooker BBQ peach pulled chicken
- Love me some farmers’ markets: Tips for shopping at the farmers market
Inspiration & Self Image
- This one made me emotional: On worrying
- Good tips: Advice for people in their twenties
- Ripped and miserable: How Neghar Fooni gained body fat and got her life back
- “You have the wrong body for ballet.” Think again! Inspiring Under Armour ad featuring Misty Copeland
- Good tips: How to use Google Analytics
- Would you blog if you had no readers? Living your life
And that’s it!
What’s going on in your worlds this week? What’s up for the weekend?
Loving the links! Have an awesome weekend!
thanks for the link love!