This week I tackled one of my blog/social media projects that’s been on the good old to do list for a long time: Pinterest! I’ve had an F&F Pinterest page for a couple of years, but it was never carefully organized, and it was definitely really outdated. Well this week I had some time to create boards for all my different types of workouts and recipes so that they are easy to navigate and find. I think you guys are going to like it!
Right now the majority of my pins are my content, but moving forward I will be pinning more from other bloggers too. Do me a favor guys, click on over and follow me if you aren’t already!
For those of you who are just catching up on my posts from the week, here you go:
- Fitness lately: September
- Summer 2014 CSA: Weeks 8 and on
- Mini vacation to Maine
- Autumn quinoa salad with kale, beets, and pears
And now, your weekly reads! Some good ones in here today!
- Drills on hills anyone? Bodyweight hill workout
- Lift weights: What weightlifting for just 20 minutes does for your brain
- THIS: A new relationship with workouts
- It’s getting to be that time: Fighting the urge to leave the gym until the New Year
- Lunge it out: 32 lunge variations to keep things interesting
- Neat post idea: Seasons and spice pairings – fall
- Have you ever done this? 5 tips for making fresh pasta from scratch
- Good info: The best apples for cooking, baking, and eating
- Don’t forget about these! 9 kitchen gadgets you need to be cleaning
- Helpful: Quick guide to every spice in the cupboard
- Love: Dieting propaganda, – a rant
- Cool salads: Sauteed grapes, autumn kale, and edamame salad and autumn harvest salad
- Fun pizza: Eggplant and pomegranate pizza
- I am on a huge oatmeal kick right now: The best ever pumpkin oatmeal
- How easy are these! Pumpkin spice protein balls
- And this: 10 minute sweet potato and apple sauté
- Yum: Flourless pumpkin pie muffins
- Next weekend breakfast: Apple oat Greek yogurt pancakes
- Comfort: Butternut squash, red potato, and kale soup
- Fun drink: Pear pomegranate sangria
- Turn your veggies into chips! 15 recipes for fall fruit and vegetable chips
- I can’t wait to bake these: Dark chocolate and almond protein cookies
Blogging and Social Media
- F&F readers, what do you think? It’s official, readers don’t like sponsored posts
Self Image, Inspiration, Life
- Great post: Is it really so easy to stop hating your job?
- Good list: 21 things you’re doing that are keeping you from being happy
- Another good list: 20 things to remember when you think you’re not good enough
- Consider this: A better way to introduce our friends at parties
- Yup: The fine line between inspiration and frustration
- Helpful info: How to interpret your blood test results
And that’s that.
What’s going on in your worlds? Anyone working on any kind of project, whether it’s something at work, your home, a hobby, etc.? What’s up for the weekend?
It’s a long weekend for me! So far it’s looking like Lion King tonight > wedding dress shopping tomorrow (eek) > our friends’ baby’s baptism on Sunday, and free on Monday.
Great round-up and thanks for sharing the 9 Kitchen Gadgets You Forgot to Clean post! Want to make your autumn quinoa salad a.s.a.p!
You’re welcome! It was a great post. Hope you like the quinoa!
As a blog reader, I’m not a fan of sponsored post though I wouldn’t stop reading a blog I love because of them. Obviously everyone has to make a living. As a new blogger, I haven’t had to tackle the issue myself yet but I have no idea whether that’s something I’d want to pursue of have on my blog. The comments on Diane’s post on this topic sure much interesting points both for and against. I’m interested to see what your readers will have to say!
Hi Joy, I hear you on the sponsored posts! My thoughts are that they are definitely okay and help bring in extra income… but only if the sponsored post is for a product or service that aligns with your point of view! For example, if you regularly eat dairy free but do sponsored posts for a cheese company… makes no sense. That’s when bloggers lose credibility to me! I try to make sure that the sponsored posts I accept and write are ones that I would probably write anyways. 🙂
Hopefully finishing up some house painting projects this weekend! Or at least making more progress on it!
Pinterest boards look great!
Thanks, lady! Hope you guys got what you wanted to get done around the house. 🙂
Great post. I followed you on Pinterest and Twitter. Also, thanks for the bodyweight hill workout link… that’s a fantastic workout!
Thanks for the follows! I can’t wait to try the bodyweight hill one myself. 🙂
New follower on Pinterest! Thanks for including my Best Apples… post in your Friday Favorites.
You’re welcome! And thanks for following on Pinterest!