Good morning, and happy Friday!
Before I get into my favorites from the week, I want to share two things with you.
HAHA, get it?
Second, a FREE four-week online fitness and lifestyle challenge with you guys. One of my main sources of inspiration, Neghar Fonooni, is hosting the Fall Freedom Challenge beginning on Monday 10/27 and running right up to Thanksgiving. It’s designed to help women find freedom from food and fitness obsession. I joined for the four weeks worth of workouts, motivational emails, and community, and I hope you will too! Please note that I am not getting any type of affiliate income from promoting this challenge. I just honestly think that the world needs more Neghars! 🙂
Did You Miss Any Posts This Week?
If you missed any F&F posts from the week, play catch up!
- Monday: New to me Whole Foods finds
- Tuesday: Erica’s last sail before the veil
- Wednesday: OAKtoberfest 5k race & taste
- Thursday: Sweet potato quinoa salad with thai chili dressing
And now it’s time for another round of link love. Enjoy!
- THIS: Is your fitness regimen making you awesome?
- Great resources for those working on deadlifts: Mastering the deadlift part 1 and part 2
- On all the differing opinions in the fitness industry: Two ears, two eyes, and one mouth
- Important, and something I just started following this year: 6 characteristics of a good dynamic warmup
- Hated these at first, but I’m obsessed now. Totally effective core move: The ultimate pallof press guide
- Hill sprints for the win: This exercise can give you Kim Kardashian’s butt and Jessica Biel’s abs
- Take it seriously: Exercising for your health is not a joke
- Love this: Wake the F up (alternate title: how to be a morning worker outer)
- So helpful! Kitchen tips and tricks
- Also very helpful: Tips for fresh produce – cleaning, storing, using
- My kitchen needs this: Before and after – a better way to organize pots and pans
- Great resource: Baking measurement conversion chart
- Mmm, soup: 30 seasonal soups that require zero cooking skills
- Quinoa and cheese, yes please: 9 crazy delicious quinoa bakes
- Totally up my alley: Spicy roasted squash with feta and herbs
- Yum: Apple pie smoothie
- Need: Pecan chicken with cranberry goat cheese sauce
- Holy moly: Baked acorn squash with Greek yogurt, honey, and pecans
- Ensure the hours you put in have value: Regular exercise is part of your job
Blogging and Social Media
- Some of the rules, simplified: FTC guidelines for sponsored content and social shares made simple
- Need to actually do this: How to create a blogging media kit
Self Image, Life, and Inspiration
- Stop texting while driving: 7 ways to feel productive while driving
- I want to start one: An articles club
- Think about it: The busy trap
- Good read: Slow the rhythm of rush
- Great list: 27 stressful things you tolerate too often
Are you going to join the Fall Freedom challenge? What links did you love around the web this week? What’s up for your weekend?
For me: Gym friends get together tonight, overbooked on Saturday, and Patrice’s wedding on Sunday!
thanks for the link love! checking out that articles club article. have a great weekend!
You’re welcome! You too – thinking about baby bean coming so soon!
I love the “All about that bass” parody!
It got me thinking – I’ve been meaning to take a strength training class. (I want to get into weights but am clueless currently so instruction would be very helpful & motivating.)
Do you have any suggestions for classes in MA that I should check out?
Hey! I teach at the Oak Square YMCA and would be happy to make some recommendations for classes there (Brighton). There is a great Learn to Lift class on Wednesday nights, and I teach early in the morning.
Not sure if you feel comfortable writing where you live on the blog, but if you email me I can make some more suggestions based on what is in your area! Fitnessandfeta@gmail.com.
Thanks for the link love! So many great posts here. Can’t wait to dig into them.
I love the link to the kitchen tips and tricks!
Me too! I’ve been using a big bowl for garbage during food prep now. So helpful!
The favorite Friday is nice and thanks for sharing the story.