Happy Friday and almost weekend!
Before I get into this week’s reading material, just want to share that New Balance will be hosting a series of events along the Charles River running path on Saturday mornings leading up to the Boston Marathon. This is a part of NB’s renewed sponsorship agreement with the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR), and tomorrow is one of those Saturdays! From 9am-12pm, the NB group will be set up near the Hatch Shell/Esplanade area, and New Balance associates will showcase new products, provide winter running tips, and distribute performance accessories to outdoor enthusiasts. Gear, food, and drinks will also be passed out. Thought some of you Boston-based runners and walkers might be interested!
Also, if you don’t follow my Fitness & Feta page on Facebook, you should. I’m trying to increase my Facebook following. Help a girl out?
And now it’s time for Friday Favorites. Enjoy!
- The desk job afternoon slump buster. Do it.
- What other pros and cons would you add to this list? 5 exercise fads and their pros and cons
- Looking for a lower body burn? Check out this collection of leg workouts.
- Having trouble staying motivated? Here are some tips for sticking to your fitness plan.
- 12 sweaty burpee workouts. <— Can’t wait to try some of these.
- Love this infographic: How much water should you drink while exercising?
- Eat real foods! Heart surgeon declares what really causes illness.
- Interesting: The right drink for every situation
- I didn’t think it could get any better: 26 totally awesome ways to make guacamole even more delicious
- Yum: A recipe for homemade peanut butter
- These are good ideas for times you don’t want a lot of leftovers: 34 healthy meal ideas for two
- Two grain free breads I want to try making soon: Grain free chocolate coconut chia bread and grain free upside down apple bread
- I also want to try making these: Nutty protein granola bars
- Helpful, and I do many of the same tricks: The anatomy of a weekly meal plan
- Great tips: 5 simple tips for a PR friendly blog
- More great tips: 14 tools to create engaging images for social media posts
- And some more great tips: 12 things to remember when taking blog photos
- Important: Why not knowing your family health history can be deadly
- If you don’t like it, don’t do it. <—YES.
- Do the hard things: 19 hard things you need to do to be successful
- And finally, this should make your whole week: The fart that (almost) altered my destiny <—seriously, read it.
Spread some link love, and share what you’ve read this week in the comments. Anything stand out to you?
I would like to know if anyone’s read (or written) any good blog posts on the Biggest Loser season finale this week. If you have, send them my way!
yay! let me know if you try the bread!! thx friend
So many awesome link-ups today!!!
Can’t wait to bust out some of those burpee workouts!!
And that final link was hilarious!!!
haha Kim, I’m STILL laughing about the last link. So funny!
Love the blogging tips, thanks!
Thanks for including me in your favorites! I’m enjoying clicking through all the others, too! Hope you have a great weekend 🙂
You’re welcome! Glad you enjoyed. 🙂 Hope you had a great weekend too!