Most important update of the week: our wedding recap went live this morning on our photographer’s blog! Our pictures are amazing, and we are so obsessed! I cannot say enough good things about Becca and Mike from Garone Photography. I think you guys will especially enjoy the slideshow at the end of the post. Check it out! Can’t wait to see the full collection of pictures from our day so soon.
Other than that, nothing too out of the ordinary going on right now! I had the day off from work on Monday, so it was nice to relax and spend some time in the kitchen. The rest of my work week has been busy with last minute things coming together for our company health fair in less than two weeks. Aka, I’m going cross eyed in spreadsheets and details.
Other than that, here are a few scenes from the week:
Can’t get enough:
Turkey spinach meatballs over spaghetti squash with pesto:
The most delicious lunch. Who knew roasting apples could be so yummy?
These grain free apple muffins didn’t stand a chance:
As for workouts, Sunday was my off day. Monday I subbed for total body conditioning in the morning and then lifted. Tuesday was super dreary in the morning, so after class I was forced to take my run to the treadmill. Even though I was cranky about running indoors again, I resurrected my 3-2-1 treadmill workout from years ago and was pleased to discover that I can now run at a much higher mph than when I originally created the workout. Sweaty selfie to prove it.
Wednesday was cycle and core with Emily. Thursday I taught my class and then lifted. All my friends wore teal to class and I missed the memo. I think blue can count.
Last night was the last NBGNO of the year, and the theme was Knock Out Cancer for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Steph and I headed in together, and it was great to see blog friends and kickbox in the middle of Copley. Will do a full recap for you guys on this next week!
As for today, my muscles are tired so I am taking an off day. Tomorrow I’ll lift, and Sunday we are running the 5k race at Oak Square. Should be fun, but it’s going to be COLD!
As for your reading material:
What you’ve missed on F&F:
- Last weekend: Friends and fall activities
- A way to use up your apples: Autumn kale salad with honey apple vinaigrette
- A fun little list: Ten things I learned in Aruba
Fitness and health favorites:
- Are these new to you? Three dumbbell exercises that are harder than they look
- Work your core: Abs and obliques stability ball circuit workout
- Great list: The ten health and fitness apps I use all the time
Food and nutrition favorites:
- Gonna try: Making cashew cheese
- I just love sweet potato so much: 45 creative ways to cook with sweet potato
- Good tips along with the recipe: The very best granola
- Tips and tricks: 10 ways you can improve your blog in ten minutes or less
- Own your content: Tips for maintaining your blog
Self image, inspiration, and life favorites
- This: How accepting anxiety can lead to peace
- Inspiring: Starting your business: What are you waiting for?
- Love: Dear society, your jeans don’t fit my muscles
- Stick to your guns: Ten times it’s okay to say no
Readers, let’s chat! Leave a comment telling me something about your weeks and what’s up for the weekend?
Tonight my friend Liz is hosting the gym girls for a get together. The theme of the night is food you can eat off a toothpick! So fun. Have a great weekend you guys!