Here are the highlights from this week, in four words per picture.
Successful company health fair:
Fun potluck at work:
Spontaneous Edamame sushi date:
Broccoli, kale, quinoa salad:
Meze dinner at Committee:
Thursday’s Halloween theme class:
I didn’t make it to the gym on Monday or Tuesday this week because of the health fair, so this week’s workouts are all at the back end of the week. Wednesday was Emily’s cycle and core, and I lifted yesterday after teaching. Today I’m going to a yoga class at CorePower at lunch, tomorrow I am running the Blue Hills Brewery 5k, and Sunday I will probably lift again in the morning if I don’t do another class somewhere.
Here’s this week’s internet goodness. Happy weekend reading!
Fitness and Health
- Love incorporating partner work into my classes: 7 partner workouts and partner ladder workout
- Great read: Where fitness professionals go wrong when training women
- New complex ideas: TRX complex workout
- Helps to watch this: Shoulder and hip position for the deadlift
Food and Nutrition
- Obsessed: 3 ways to make a cheese plate
- Perfect breakfast: Pumpkin pie oats
- Cannot WAIT to make this: Favorite autumn sangria (warning: it’s a video w/music for those of you reading at work)
- Tis the season: 30 weird but awesome recipes using canned pumpkin
- Easy peasy: 7 oatmeal bakes for the perfect make ahead breakfast
- Adding to dinner rotations: Harvest turkey meatloaf
- This one too: Mushroom quinoa soup
Self Image and Inspiration
- THIS: The best thing you can do for yourself and all the women around you
- Good list: 10 ways to free your mind when you’re feeling stuck
- Don’t sit on the sidelines: I’ll do it as soon as I lose weight
- Fun: 13 Halloween costumes you can make using workout clothes
- It’s not email: How the most productive people start their work day
Readers, let’s chat! What were the highlights of your week? What’s up for the weekend?
Aside from the brewery race tomorrow, I am excited to meet up with my friend Erin on Sunday morning! We have a lot to catch up on. Tim and I also have a family party on Sunday afternoon. Hope you guys have a good next couple of days!