Friday Favorites are back, yay!
I’m changing up the format a bit so that I can use Friday faves to also recap scenes from my week. Here we go!
Lots of couch time!
This girl’s first birthday party:
Back to grocery shopping and food prepping:
Some of the meals we made this week:
- Autumn kale and apple salads with apple cider honey vinaigrette (recipe coming next week)
- Butternut squash soup with sausage and toasted hazelnuts via the Against All Grain cookbook
- Lemon lentil and chickpea salad with radish and herbs via Cookie and Kate
- Grilled tenderloin strip over roasted purple cabbage and mushrooms
Tried this life changing hummus flavor:
The most perfectly fitting calendar e-card to return to at work:
Happy to be back to a workout routine! Here’s this week’s plan:
- Sunday: Rest
- Monday: 3 mile run + core work in the living room
- Tuesday: Teach then lift
- Wednesday: Emily’s cycle and core class
- Thursday: Teach then lift
- Friday: I’m subbing 5pm spin tonight (sign up!)
- Saturday: Tomorrow I will likely lift again
Oh, and I also got excited this week for next week’s NBGNO event! I haven’t been to one since over the summer, and I’m psyched to see some of my blogging ladies there. Next week’s event will have a boxing workout with the amazing Eliza, and it will be breast cancer awareness focus. Oh, and Sherri is going to be our host extraordinaire again. If you’re interested, RSVP here!
What you’ve missed on F&F:
- A little wedding and honeymoon recap: Back as a Mrs.
- The scoop on Wellcoin and my blogger ambassadorship with them: Live healthy, get paid
- A giveaway for four free race entries to the OAKtoberfest 5k race taking place next Sunday the 18th. I’m actually going to extend this giveaway through the weekend and announce the winner on Monday morning instead of today. Check it out, then enter! I would love to run with you.
- Wow, just wow: Hey Vogue magazine, thanks for setting women’s fitness back a few decades
- Good advice: 5 things to ask your personal trainer
- Not sure how heavy to go? Read this: How much weight should I be lifting?
- Are you doing these: 3 best exercises for a stronger pull-up
- Eat em all: 12 high carb foods that are actually super healthy
- Pumpkin season: Raw pumpkin bars
- Lunch next week: Chipotle apple sweet potato salad
- Good roundup: Ten healthy ways to eat apples for breakfast
- This one too: 18 healthy sweet and savory pecan recipes
- Yum: Pumpkin spiced chocolate pecan pie bites
- Love this post: Why bloggers should stop working for free
Self image, inspiration, and life favorites:
- What. The. EFF! Big girl
- Love my hometeam: Cherishing your girlfriends
Readers, let’s chat! Tell me about something from your week and what’s up for the weekend.
Tonight Slesh and Will are coming over for dinner, and the rest of our weekend is open! Tim and I are thinking about going apple picking tomorrow, and we are probably going to watch the game on Sunday with friends. I have Monday off from work, and I’m teaching bootcamp at 8am for anyone looking for an extra workout with me. Hope whatever you do this weekend is the perfect mix of fun and relaxing fall activities. Catch you next week!
yay for Friday Favorites! This week was BUSY, but fun 🙂 I started inquiring about wedding venues which made me feel better about the process. Sometimes starting is the hardest part about planning! This weekend is pretty low-key and I am very excited about it!
Can’t wait to hear what venues you guys are looking at. Hope my email helped a little?
Thanks for sharing my post about bloggers working for free. An important message many need to hear. Have a great day!
You’re welcome! Thanks for getting the message out there in the first place. Hope you had a nice weekend!