New recipe post! This is one I just threw together myself without following a recipe. I did my best to remember the exact amounts to share with you.
Lemon Barley and Bean Salad
- 3/4 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1.5 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup diced celery
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, bring barley to a boil in about 2 cups of water.
- Cover and reduce heat, then let simmer until liquid is almost absorbed (about 25 minutes).
- Combine the lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil, and mustard in a bowl.
- Add the barley, parsley, red onion, beans, tomatoes, celery, and s&p. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate. Serve cold.
This is a good option for a Sunday prepped lunch to have on hand for the week!
What are your go to Sunday prep foods?