Last night in Circuit class I taught a 3-2-1 style workout. Each 3-2-1 round included three compound strength moves, two cardio/power/plyo moves, and one core move. Just wanted to share the moves with you for some new workout ideas!
3-2-1 Circuit: Round 1
- 20 touchdown lunges on each leg
- 10 total pushups with rows
- 10 calf raises (feet together) w/front raises, then 10 calf raises (heels together) with overhead presses
- 30 seconds toe taps + “climb the rope”
- 10 burpees
- 20 crunches + 10 crunch pulses
3-2-1 Circuit: Round 2
- 10 plie squats with bicep curls, plus upright rows
- 10 inchworms
- 10 glute bridge raises + overhead triceps extensions
- 30 seconds t squat thrusters
- 30 seconds quick feet
- 30 seconds oblique twists
3-2-1 Circuit: Round 3
- 10 curtsy lunges + lateral raises on each side
- 12 straight leg dumbbell deadlifts
- 10 standing glute raises + 10 pulsing + 10 with a 2 pulse then lift and lower tempo
- 30 seconds jumping jacks
- 30 seconds jump rope
- 1 minute plank
Couple different ways you can choose to incorporate these into your workouts:
Option 1 — Choose one round to do as your workout, and go through the circuit between 3-5 times (pick per your fitness level). Choose a different round for another workout on a another day. Example: Round One 4x on Monday, Round Two 4x on Wednesday, Round Three 4x on Friday.
Option 2 — Do all exercises each round once, then move on to the next round. Example: Round 1, Round 2, Round 3. As you advance, you could then repeat through again. Example: Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3.
Option 3 — Do all exercises in each round once, then repeat the entire round again before moving to the next. Example: Round 1, Round 1, Round 2, Round 2, Round 3, Round 3. This is the style I taught last night.
Option 4 — Pick and choose! Combine in any way you wish. Example: Round One 2x, Cardio Machine, Round Two 1x. Get creative!
As usual if you have any questions about the exercises, let me know. And if you try any of these, let me know how you like them!!
Anyone have any other really good 3-2-1 style circuits they’d like to share?