Yesterday was a good day. Just wanted to share some mentionable things from my Monday!
— I made it to the gym by 6:10am. On Mondays, this doesn’t always happen for me (it’s so hard after the weekend!), but yesterday I was determined to have some extra free “me” time at night. I did the 3-2-1 cardio workout on this week’s Best Body Bootcamp plan. For some reason, I’m not sick of the treadmill yet despite doing a few runs last week, so my workout ended up looking like this:
My cardio was 35 minutes total, but depending on how many intervals of 3-2-1 you decide to do, you could make this as short or long as you want. I think I maybe could have even gone a bit faster with my miles per hour, but I didn’t want to push it on my foot! After my run, I did my pyramid pushups for day 1 of my April Arms Challenge, and I also did some ab work.
— Speaking of pyramid pushups, I got lots of fun feedback from them! Check out some of these tweets:
- @MelKrack: Ending the day with @fitnessandfeta’s #aprilarms pyramid pushups. Holy wtf was that?!
- @EricaJeanC: Just finished day 1 of @fitnessandfeta #AprilArmsChallenge! Really felt the extra work on the shoulders. Can’t wait for day two!
- @Ready2GetSweaty: Day 1 – April Arm’s Challenge complete! @fitnessandfeta’s pyramid pushups after 100 in crossfit were just wonderful 🙂
- @berubeka: Holy burn from push-up ladders @fitnessandfeta #AprilArmsChallenge
- @mes613: @fitnessandfeta just completed Day 1 of #AprilArmsChallenge! #gettingafterit #monday #gunsout
- @achachi12: Sore from Day 1 #AprilArmsChallenge! Looking forward to completing the month!
Keep ’em coming you guys! Hope you guys ROCK your triceps superset today.
— Last night I did my Sunday food prep a day late because I just didn’t feel like doing it on Sunday night after spending the day at Tim’s aunt’s house for Easter. In this week’s prep is grilled chicken, frozen Greek yogurt bars, hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese with strawberries and slivered almonds (I’m really changing it up with strawbs instead of bluebs), grapes, unsalted cashews, a couple regular salads, and a southwestern inspired shrimp quinoa that I actually threw together without a recipe.
— While I food prepped, Tim made dinner and it was AWESOME:
I had seen a recipe in a blog a few weeks ago (forget which blog) for stuffed sweet potatoes, and this is what Tim came up with. I’ll post the recipe soon! I can’t wait to eat that second one for dinner tonight.
— Last night I also participated in my very first Twitter chat with some other Best Body Bootcamp participants. Tim came home and said, “Um are you in a chat room?” I guess I kind of was? It was great though! What an awesome community of people, and now I actually understand how Twitter chats work. Very cool.
Anything mentionable from your Monday!? If not, perhaps a terrific Tuesday is in store!
Can’t wait to be back to Two A Day tonight!