Last week was definitely a quality over quantity kind of week for my workouts. I only exercised four days instead of my usual five, but each workout left me really sore so I can’t complain!
Last Week’s Workouts
I ran the Oaktoberfest 5k race with my dad, Tim, and my cousin Dean. I ran hard, so my legs/hips were really feeling it for a few days.
Monday was my “I don’t want to go to the gym day,” but I ended up doing this 35 minute upper body workout. Holy DOMS!
Two A Day! I took Liz’s Kickboxing class, then taught a lower body supersets format in my class afterwards. Was anyone else really feeling it in their legs last week after class? I definitely was.
Active rest — walk at lunch
Taught my class in the morning with isometric hold sets. I haven’t done that type of format in a while!
Active rest – walking around Portsmouth
This Week’s Workouts
Here’s this week’s plan:
- Sunday: Hike in Portsmouth
- Monday: Tonight I will either be going to Cardio Cutz if I can leave work early enough OR I will be doing a treadmill workout
- Tuesday: Halloween Two A Day! Class members, please wear a costume and come ready for prizes and Halloween fun! Don’t let Liz and I be the only ones dressed up. 🙂
- Wednesday: Rest day or TBD
- Thursday: Teaching my morning class. No costumes on Halloween because costumes at 6am is a little aggressive, but be prepared for a Halloween themed “butts and guts” class.
- Friday: Rest day or TBD
- Saturday: Heading back to FitHouse to try a cycle class. Can’t wait!
I posted this question on my F&F Facebook page this morning, but I want to ask here as well. What do you struggle with most when it comes to healthy living? Is it diet or exercise, or is it something else like getting enough sleep, managing stress levels, maintaining healthy relationships, etc.?
Whatever it might be, what small steps will you take this week to help yourself overcome some of those struggles? Breaking those lofty areas into smaller, more manageable steps makes them seem more achievable!
It’s a new week, you guys. Make it count.
How will you make this week count?