Morning! Today I’m bringing back an F&F series that disappeared for a bit.
In Reader Recipes, I highlight Fitness & Feta readers who want to share their favorite recipes with all of you. This is also a great way for me to get new ideas for fun eats.
Say hello to Sarah and her cabbage quinoa fajitas!
I came up with this recipe a few years back and whip it out anytime I’m craving some Mexican food. It’s simple and doesn’t take too much effort which is why I love it. Simple and delicious? Count me in! I generally include meat in my recipes, but these babies are good enough vegetarian style.
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 4-6 large cabbage leaves
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked per
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons guacamole or 1/2 avocado (optional)
- Begin by cooking the quinoa and slicing the pepper and onion.
- Spray a large pan with non-stick cooking spray, and sauté peppers and onion. Once cooked turn heat to low.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add it to the peppers and onions. Season with salt, pepper, and the juice of 1/2 lime.
- Fill cabbage leaves with the quinoa veggie mixture.
- Top with salsa and guacamole and avocado (optional).
- Enjoy (and maybe have a homemade margarita on the side!).
Thank you for sharing your recipe, Sarah! For more healthy recipes and other fit inspiration from Sarah, follow her on Twitter or check out her blog at Fit University.
If anyone is interested in being featured as part of this series, please contact me! I’m open to any recipes, you just need to be willing to write up a little post about it and photograph your food. I would love to feature you, and you do not need to be a blogger to participate!
This is great! I’ve always been scared of quinoa having never grown up with it, but this seems really easy! Thanks for sharing!
wooot for recipes that are EASY!!! I have been looking for ways to try cabbage, so perfect timing
these look great!