Happy Hump Day!
Today’s post = last night’s dinner.
Roasted Pepper-Corn Pasta Salad
Inspired by Women’s Health
- 8 ounces orrechiette pasta –> I went with wheat shells instead to cut back on the processed carbs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 roasted pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup) —> I went with an orange one!
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro —> This seemed like a lot of cilantro, so I cut back to only 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt — No need to add extra salt! I omitted to cut back on sodium.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the roasted pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the pasta, avocado, cilantro, lime juice,
salt, and black pepper to the bowl and toss gently but thoroughly.
On the side? Sautéed spinach with olive oil, garlic, and feta. Really quick and easy go to.
I don’t make a lot of pasta dishes, but I really enjoyed this one. Normally I don’t opt for pasta because I am not a fan of heavy sauces that leave me with that “I have to unbutton my pants” full feeling. But this dish was very light – the lime juice and cilantro adds a ton of flavor, so you don’t feel you need a heavier tomato or cream sauce. I actually think this meal would taste even better in the summer! Bonus: Each serving of this dish only has 345 cals (per the original recipe). Delicious, nutritious, and flavorful. Was a great post-workout meal!
Questions of the Day: What’s your favorite type of pasta? Favorite way to eat pasta? Favorite pasta recipe? Share it!
Don’t forget to enter my free giveaway for free Chobani!