Last week, Tim’s sister Katie came over to hang out. We (Tim) made her dinner, and although we ate later than we wanted to (ha!), it was a recipe definitely worth sharing with my F&F readers.
Here ya go!
Roman Style Chicken
Recipe inspired by Giada’s recipe on The Food Network
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Ground black pepper
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- In a heavy, large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, cook the chicken until browned on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Keeping the same pan over medium heat, add the peppers and cook until the peppers have browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, white wine vinegar, and herbs. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the stock, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the parsley, stir to combine and serve.
On the side we added some brown rice (cooked per the box directions) and garlicky spinach (heat garlic and olive oil on stove, add spinach, and stir until wilted). This meal is very flavorful and we liked it a lot. Even though we were almost emaciated by the time we ate it, right Katie? Kidding!
What’s your go to side starch and veggie for chicken meals?
That looks so good!
Thx it was!!