This weekend was a good one, despite Tim being away for a bachelor party. Here’s a rundown of what I did.
I reunited with PCDC.
Friday night, Erin and I tried a new restaurant in Harvard Square. Park Restaurant & Bar was seriously awesome. I loved it the minute we stepped inside. Our meals were delicious and the wine kept on flowing. I will definitely be going back. Check out how awesome the food looks. I ordered grilled lamb belly over a bed of quinoa, butternut squash, and brussels sprouts. Unreal. I wish I had leftovers.
Saturday morning, after Erin and I chatted over coffee some more, we did a little shopping. The Macy’s close to my apartment is closing, so I decided to take advantage of their sales. I didn’t get much, but I’ve been in the market for new stud earrings, so I was psyched to get a good deal.
Saturday afternoon I caught up on my Y emails, then hit the gym. I did 40 minutes of cardio intervals from BBB on the elliptical, then a timed plank since I knew I didn’t do my best timed plank on Tuesday in class due to time restrictions in general. I’m up to 4:30. Woohoo!
Saturday night, I went to my parents’ house for dinner.
Along with dinner came an abs challenge photo shoot, a clothing giveaway, and a Homeland rerun since they are taking full advantage of the free Showtime weekend apparently.
Sunday was a productive day! I woke up around 8am and cleaned the entire apartment. Then I hit the gym again. I love making it to the gym both weekend days.
After warming up on a bike, I did the above exercises in a circuit format with five minutes of random cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, front and back kicks, jogging in place, speedbags, burpees, hopping in place… you get the idea) after each of the three sets of controlled resistance moves. Felt so good.
I was actually craving a smoothie after my sweat sesh, so I whipped one up using my new immersion blender. Normally I only crave smoothies in the summer, because I’m too cold to drink them in the winter.
Yum. I also did our weekly grocery shopping. I went a little over the $75 weekly limit that Tim and I like to stick to, but both Chobani yogurts and Clif bars were on sale, 10 for $10 so I stocked up. I also got a little more produce than usual, so next week I’ll have to cut back a bit to even things out.
What else, what else. I felt inspired to make a crock pot dinner, so I put together this pumpkin and apple stew. I’ll post the recipe soon!
I also prepped a tuna salad to have for beginning of the week lunches. I used Dawn’s recipe from when she brought one in for our salad club lunch at work. After that I put all my snack baggies together for the week, and then made homemade salsa. Just cause I felt like it.
I was on a roll, and now I feel ready for the week! Oh, and my Fitness & Feta Facebook page hit 500 fans. So exciting!! If you don’t follow me yet, click over to my page and like it. Please?
Let’s talk Weekly Workouts now. Cause that’s what I do on Mondays.
Last Week’s Workouts
The first week of Best Body Bootcamp went well, and I loved all the control work we did. It seriously makes a difference to slow things down. My arms were definitely still feeling it by the end of the week, even though the moves themselves were basic!
- Sunday: 20 minute cardio interval workout + 3 rounds of core strength circuits
- Monday: 40 minute cardio interval workout + last week’s Monday morning ab burner
- Tuesday: Took Liz’s Kickboxing class, then taught Workout A from BBB in Interval class. We felt the burn!
- Wednesday: Off day, except for the bedtime ab ladder
- Thursday: Taught Workout C from BBB in Sculpt class + Tabata Thursday later on.
- Friday: Off day (was too sore from BBB!), except for 60 seconds of pushups
- Saturday: 40 minute cardio interval workout + timed plank
This Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: Workout C from BBB (above)
- Monday: 40 minutes of cardio interval + Monday morning ab burner
- Tuesday: Kickboxing, then teaching the core circuits in my interval class
- Wednesday: Off, except for the oblique work before bed
- Thursday: Teaching Workout A from BBB + this week’s Tabata Thursday later on
- Friday: Off, or cardio intervals, or a class
- Saturday: Off, or cardio intervals, or a class
I’m feeling really good lately. Definitely happy to not be consuming as much sugar as I was during the holiday season. Makes such a difference.
Before I go, just a reminder to do today’s Morning Ab Burner if you haven’t already! It takes two minutes, that’s it!
What did you do this weekend? What’s on tap workout wise for the week? Anything else you’d like to share?
Catch you guys later!