Another promised recipe!
Have I ever mentioned that my friend Shannon is the best baker, cook, seamstress, and craft maker I know? Well, she is. It’s awesome being friends with Shanny Pants! If this recipe doesn’t convince you, I don’t know what will.
Shannon’s Apple Cider Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- Spice Cake Mix
- Apple Cider
- Follow the recipe on the box to bake the cupcakes, substituting apple cider for water.
For the frosting:
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1-1.5 boxes confectionery sugar
- A couple of tablespoons of apple cider
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add in apple cider.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar until desired consistency.
- Blend in cinnamon and nutmeg until satisfied with the taste.
WARNING: Hard to eat only one. I bet you wanna lick that frosting right off your computer screen, don’t ya? Go ahead. It’s okay – everyone needs a little apple cider cupcake in their life.
To make up for it, just go do this workout. I did it yesterday and it’s a good one! I was looking for some different moves to switch up my usual regimen, and Fitnessista’s Schweaty October Workout did just the trick. I love finding new routines on other blogs! I did modify it a little bit, replacing any of the upper body work with abs instead, since my shoulder impingement (yes more to come on this new development later) is not cooperating.
I decided to take this outside for a reservoir workout, but it can be done indoors as well. Just realize that if you do some of these moves outside, you might get some weird looks, but who cares?
- Warmup: 5 minute brisk walk or jog
- 25 slow squats
- 25 fast squats
- 1 minute walking lunges
- 30 seconds lunges right
- 30 seconds lunges left
- Tabata Intervals (20 seconds sprint, 10 seconds jog for 8 times, total 4 minutes)
- 1 minute oblique twists
- 30 seconds elbow to knee pull ins
- 30 seconds elbow to knee pull ins other side
- 1 minute plank
- Repeat Tabata Intervals (20 seconds sprint, 10 seconds jog for 8 times, total 4 minutes)
- 25 slow calf raises
- 25 fast calf raises
- Repeat oblique twists, elbow to knee pull ins, and plank
- Last Tabata (20 seconds high knees fast, 10 seconds high knees slow)
- Cooldown / Stretch
Have a great Saturday, everyone! Hopefully us Bostonians don’t get too much snow.
(Really, weather? Snow in October?!)
Off to a family event and then Halloween #2. Pictures coming soon!
Question of the Day: What’s your favorite workout / type of exercise to do outside?