That’s what my night consisted of.
Tonight was my second to last class subbing for Ed’s Wednesday night spin. Lots of familiar faces tonight: Tim, Katrina, Stanton, and Jen! Next week will be the last Wednesday (for now anyways) – I’m gonna miss doing it.
I was super sweaty tonight. Sometimes I measure the intensity of my workouts based on how much sports bra sweat I have afterward. Even though that doesn’t really have much to do with it. Tonight my entire sports bra was soaked. TMI? Oh well.
- Little More Time – Zox
- In a Big Country – Moe
- If You Wanna Fly – Mayra Veronica
- I Like It – Enrique Iglesias feat Pitbull
- Sorry – Madonna
- Demons – Guster
- Black & Gold – Sam Sparro
- Ready to Go – Republica
- Beat It – Fall Out Boy
- Dream On – Aerosmith
- California Girls – Katy Perry
- My Sharona – The Knack
- Americano – Lady Gaga (Thanks Katrina for this awesome recommendation. A download MUST!)
- Livin’ La Vida Loca – Ricky Martin
- First of Things – The Brew
- When I Fall – Barenaked Ladie
My favorite part of class was Trina’s awk excited clap when Ricky Martin came on.
Dinner tonight was sauteed chicken with orange bell pepper and onions, and Greek style green beans (fasolakia!)
- Stir-Fry Chicken
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Chopped Onion
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- I don’t have specific directions for you or specific amounts! Just eyeball it and saute all together 🙂
Greek Style Green Beans (Fasolakia)
Serves 6-8 as a side dish
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes (low sodium)
- Ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until translucent. Add in the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Mix the green beans and tomatoes (don’t drain!) into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer (uncovered) for 45 minutes or until the beans are soft.
- Season again as necessary, to taste, and enjoy!
I’ve never had the two different dishes together before, but it was pretty good combined. I ended up eating it all together even though I started out with two separate sections on my plate:
Best part is the leftovers I have for tomorrow / Friday!
Questions of the Day:
- What are your favorite “sweatiest” workouts?
- What are your favorite healthy foods to eat as leftovers?
Comments welcomed 🙂
My favorite sweatiest workout is Zumba.
I love healthy Greek food for leftovers – does pistichio count with all that cheese?!
hahaha i totally measure my workout intensity by sports bra sweat… but sometimes it’s misleading because i sweat like a man (this morning, for instance!). Zumba is deifnitely one of my favorite sweaty exercises!! yoga, too
Hahah I laughed out loud at the image of Katrina clapping when Ricky Martin comes on.