If you haven’t hopped on the quinoa bandwagon yet, get on it! I think many people think of quinoa as a grain, because it LOOKS like a pasta, rice, or couscous; however it’s actually a protein filled seed and a relative of leafy green vegetables like spinach and Swiss chard. That means your body feels like it’s consuming a carby food, but really you are getting protein which then equals feeling full and less overeating later. Now I’m no registered dietician or nutritionist, so this info is just what I’ve picked up from the healthy living world.
Where is this coming from?
After I posted about my Friday night dinner menu, several of you asked me about the quinoa recipe!
Here you go!
Spinach and Tomato Quinoa Salad
Recipe inspired by Gluten Free Goddess
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Quinoa — I used 3/4 of a box I had left. The original recipe called for 1/2 a cup to 2/3 a cup cooked quinoa per person.
- 1 cup baby spinach per person
- Handful of grape tomatoes per person, halved
- 1 scallion per person, washed & sliced
- Spices to taste: sea salt, ground pepper, parsley, thyme, basil, or mint
- Tiny pinch of nutmeg
- Fresh lemon juice or rice vinegar
- Gently heat extra virgin olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the garlic; stir and warm the oil for a minute.
- Add the cooked quinoa and heat through.
- Add the baby spinach leaves, tomatoes, and scallions.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper, then sprinkle with nutmeg and other herbs.
- Stir to mix, then sprinkle with lemon juice or rice vinegar and stir.
- When the spinach begins to wilt remove from heat and serve in a large bowl.
Honestly one of my favorite quinoa recipes yet, and even though four of us enjoyed this on Friday night I had enough leftovers for dinner last night and lunch today! My other fave quinoa recipe that I’ve posted is quinoa with kale, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes.
Both recipes are super easy too. Bonus!
Trader Joe’s makes a killer awesome quinoa with sweet potatoes and zucchini…it’s so quick and easy!
tiffin services noida
tiffin services noida Find The Best Restaurant Noida at Snacks India Provides indian breakfast,food in noida,