Good morning, everyone.
Five things to start your Tuesday:
1. Have you ever tried the chopped power salad at Uno Chicago Grill? Chicken breast, spinach, plum tomatoes, carrots, feta, red grapes, goji berries, Thompson raisins, soy nuts, almonds, pepitas, and Ocean Spray® Sweetened Dried Cranberries. With fat-free vinaigrette. UNREAL.
2. Dunks was actually open today, unlike last week. First pumpkin coffee of the season = happy me. FREE pumpkin coffee with a coupon = bonus.
3. A huge thank you to all of those who have liked my Fitness & Feta Facebook page! Yesterday my number of likes soared. Reaching my goal of 200 likes by the end of the month is seeming very attainable right now. If you haven’t checked it out yet, take a look! Keep that feedback coming!
4. Today is National Taco Day! Check out this post at Boston Restaurant Talk for more details!
5. And now, the reason you are probably reading this post, my awkward story of the week.
Last night I taught bootcamp from 6-7. I was meeting my uncle for dinner around 8, so I decided to take advantage of my ability to use any Y in the Greater Boston Area and packed stuff to shower at the Waltham branch. This avoided the need to drive from bootcamp > home > Waltham > back home and have to rush the entire time.
When I got to the Y, I headed into the locker room (which is brand spanking new and renovated by the way!), kicked my sneakers into a locker, and hung up my sweatshirt. I got in the shower, leaving my duffel bag on the little stool outside the stall for when I was done. Halfway through my rinse, I realized to my horror that my towel was nowhere near me. In fact, it was still in my car. I had used it as an abs mat during class and just tossed it in my trunk before leaving! Pure panic. You guys must know what I’m talking about, right? You know, that moment that you realize you are completely screwed?! Or does that just happen to me? Anyways, after that “oh shit” moment I calmed down for 2.5 seconds when I thought I would be able to just dry off with my sweatshirt. WRONG. Another moment of panic ensued once I realized that my sweatshirt was the one damn thing I hung in the locker when I took my sneakers off.
The result? I, Athena, hater of unnecessary locker room nakedness, took a stride of pride while dripping wet all the way from the shower back to my locker. Which, by the way, is a MUCH longer walk when you are in the buff.
Moral of the story? Always bring your towel.
Question of the Day: Have you ever had an embarrassing locker room moment? Do share!
Simply amazing… love ya girl!
Back at ya!
hahahaha!!!!!! this is awesome! and it reminds me of the time I forgot a towel at the gym and had to use paper towels 🙂
Still have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard when I told you this (in person for once!)
Thanks for giving me something to smile about tonight! “Stride of pride”!!!
🙂 Keep smiling Jess!!!
I love it.. always remember to bring an extra bra or two since there’s nothing like going a full day in your sports bra because you forgot it at home right on the bed… somehow you managed to everything else. You would be amazed what you smell like at the end of the day!
I came across this blog post upon googling “forgot – towel – gym” , because I had just realized at work that I did not have my towel for the gym shower that awaits me after my work out later this evening.
Thank Fully i have a sweater here in the office which will do the trick (hopefully)
Anywhoo – that was a fun read, thank you!
Glad to provide the entertainment for your night!