Last Week’s Workouts
Emily’s 20/20/20 class, followed by an impromptu coffee and smoothie date with Liz!
I did my own workout at the gym after work. It was a pretty random workout, but I went in without a set plan and I left sweaty and happy from the following:
- 20 minutes of cycling on the spin bike
- Mini strength circuit that really got my heart rate up — four rounds of ten 180 degree jump squat pulses, eight scorpions each side, ten touchdown lunges each side, ten pikes
- 500 meter row
- Stability ball crunch series.
Also, I loved that Mary and I were doing the Fall Into Fitness move of the day (the 180 degree jump squat pulses) at the same time, but across the gym!
Back to Two A Day! I took Liz’s Kickboxing class, then taught the 10-12-15 workout that I posted last week.
Active rest – did Walking Wednesday at work with my co-workers
Taught my 6am morning class – barre style with 45 second burpee rounds in between.
Ran a 5k outside and did a mini core strength circuit (three rounds of 10 ball under knee crunches, 10 oblique v’s on the ball each side, 10 regular stability ball v-sits, 10 back extensions on the ball).
This Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: 2 mile run outside followed by some strength tempo training. I did 3 sets of 10 split squats, bench presses, front squats, push-ups, shoulder presses, and kickbacks — all with a 2/4/2 tempo style, meaning you bring your muscles to peak contraction for two counts, hold isometrically for four counts, then go back to the starting position for two counts. This style of training forces you to slow down and you can really feel the burn! I also finished this workout with the same core circuit from last Friday.
- Monday: Cardio plus the “pull” version of the same strength tempo training — deadlifts, rows, plies, lat pulldowns, reverse flies, and bicep curls.
- Tuesday: Two A Day – I will likely be taking kickboxing but only teaching (not as much doing) my own class after all the strength work from Sunday and Monday.
- Wednesday: Trying out a new fitness studio! The folks at FitHouse in Woburn invited me to try one of their FitBurn classes, so that’s what I’ll be doing on Wednesday night.
- Thursday: Teaching my class
- Friday: Morning workout TBD
- Saturday: Rest day
And I’ve kept up with the Fall Into Fitness moves as well!
For those of you participating in my Fall Into Fitness challenge, what has been your favorite exercise so far? What’s a workout you are looking forward to this week?
Hope everyone’s week is off to a good start!
I’m loving the Fall Into Fitness challenge!! Specifically the 1 legged bent over bicep curls and the glute presses (both fridays)- that’s stuff I should do, but never take the time to do it. I”m looking forward to going to my mentor instructors kickboxing class (instead of teaching mine… whoops!). PS i did your 10-12-15 workout at my parents house this morning, 3 rounds of each circuit with the 2 min cardio in between. so fun!