Your 6-week empowered eating solution for simplifying nutrition, mastering moderation, and learning how to get the results you want without the rules and restriction.
My goal is to help women cut through diet culture’s noise and confusion, and replace it with confidence and clarity.
I believe that when women feel stuck with their fitness and nutrition, it’s often because of information overload, trying to follow cookie cutter advice, and the pressure of idealistic goals in the gym and in the kitchen.
Never mind the constant self sabotage and all or nothing mindset that holds so many people back!
If one thing feels off track, there goes everything…
I know all too well where these tendencies lead: to failed wellness goals and another year of New Year’s resolutions down the drain, frustrated feelings of “what the hell is wrong with me,” and the perpetual cycle of losing five pounds and gaining ten back.
HERE'S WHAT I WANT YOU TO KNOW:
Personal note from Athena:
Hi there! I am so happy that you are on this page, because it means you are looking for a new, more empowered approach to your current nutrition strategy.
Since I am asking you to work with me for the next 6-7 weeks, I think it’s important you know a little more about me.
I’m Athena Concannon, personal trainer and lifestyle coach, owner and founder of Achieve with Athena, and creator of Wellness Your Way.
3 years ago, I went from working an unfulfilling 9-5 corporate wellness job and doing “fitness on the side” to running a thriving online health and fitness business where I help women all over the world develop a positive relationship with food and exercise so they can step into their most empowered selves and fall in love with their fit and nourished lives.
After all, I believe that exercise and nutrition should be things that enhance your day to day, not things you feel you “should” be doing or “have” to check off that never-ending to do list of yours.
But in order for healthy choices to feel enjoyable, they can’t be forced!
This means that the changes you make can’t be influenced by some arbitrary rules from the latest and greatest diet out there or some infographic you saw on Instagram, without any customization for YOU.
Trust me, I know this, because I spent several years of my life – starting in college and lasting well into my late twenties – trying to make something else out there fit into my life, instead of the other way around.
I’ve tracked Weight Watchers points, I’ve relied on excessive cardio, thinking about my no wiggle-room meal prep routine to this day STILL gives me agita, and trust me - me and those first two weeks of the South Beach diet used to be very well acquainted!
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be hard or stressful, but after working in the health and fitness industry for over 10 years in commercial, corporate, and online settings, and having lived it myself, I totally understand why this is how people think it has to be:
There are simply far too many rigid programs out there that simply don’t set us up for success!!
The last thing you need is another plan. What you need is an easier path, one that takes YOU into consideration. And I’d love to help you get there!
Read on below to find out how:
What is Wellness Your Way?
- If you are sick of hitting the reset button every Monday after falling off the wagon over the weekend…
- If you feel like you eat well all day, but then lack control around food in the evenings…
- If you feel like if only you had more willpower, you’d be totally on track with your goals...
- If you feel like in theory you understand the concepts of moderation and mindful eating, but you don’t really believe that they are possible for you to implement...
- And if you are looking for a stress-free way of eating to supplement your workouts that you can stick with for the long haul…
Wellness Your Way is your empowered eating solution for simplifying nutrition, mastering moderation, and learning how to get the results you want without the rules and restriction.
Girl, you are NOT meant to be tired and hungry all day, only to still feel unhappy with what you see in the mirror!
It’s time to ditch the deprivation, break up with perfectionism, and get OFF the struggle bus.
It’s time to step into the 6-week jumpstart that will get you on your way toward forever consistency, all while feeling super confident, being full of energy, and loving the skin you’re in.
Then you are going to LOVE my Wellness Your Way group coaching program.
Wellness Your Way will help you:
- Transform your relationship with food – You’ll learn how to prevent nighttime eating, incorporate treats without the guilt, and eventually automate your eating so you don’t have to think about it so damn much.
- Come to peace with your body – You’ll learn how to use your body as a tool for success and figure out how to listen to exactly what it’s telling you to drive your daily nutrition and fitness decisions.
- Overcome the comparison trap – How to recognize that you are an individual person with unique circumstances, and therefore your path to wellness will look different from somebody else’s.
- Feel less overall frustration – You’ll learn how to navigate unforeseen circumstances or life situations that come up without completely throwing in the towel and beating yourself up.
And of course when all of the above aligns, fat-burning, consistency in the gym, and overall energy for a healthy life will naturally follow!
Since joining Wellness Your Way and working with Athena, I have felt so much less stuck not only in the fitness and nutrition areas of my life, but also in loving myself and celebrating what I can do. Working with her has shown me that it is the little changes and the shifts in habits and beliefs that are where the magic happens.
Athena’s Wellness Your Way program taught me how to celebrate my wins, how to make food choices that I enjoy AND align with my goals, and that having awesome friends to celebrate alongside and encourage you is key!
I loved the group coaching aspect of this program. Despite all being in different points in our journeys, we were able to jump for joy with each other and be strong and learn together.
Working with Athena has really empowered me to believe in myself. That making healthy choices truly becomes a lifestyle and not the chore I had always thought it was. Not only have I lost weight and sizes, but with that I finally feel comfortable in my own body.
At the end of the day, many of us all want the same end results: for our clothes to fit better, to lose inches, to feel more confident, to have more energy, and to get consistent with our health.
We want to have something to show for all those hours we’re spending in the gym!
What we DON’T realize is that despite wanting similar outcomes, we sometimes need different roads to get there.
Wellness is not one size fits all.
You have a different personality, different preferences, a different body, a different starting point, a different past history, and a different lifestyle than your friend does. Than your co-worker does. Than your cousin does. Than your favorite celebrity does.
So don’t you think it’s about time you stop trying to do what’s worked for everyone else in your life, and instead start looking for the solution that works for YOU?
Wellness Your Way will teach you how to prescribe your own path to wellness, and in doing so, you’ll realize that your health is so much more than just the food you eat and the workouts you do.
What's included in Wellness Your Way?
The winter 2019 session of Wellness Your Way will kick off on Monday, February 4th. We’ll have 1 week for onboarding and then 6 weeks of program content. Here’s what you’ll get during this time:
- Weekly email lessons and LIVE video trainings on the curriculum topics, designed to help you weed through all the information overload that’s out there, learn actual doable strategies for eating intuitively, and implement them so they can fit seamlessly into your current life.
- LIVE weekly Zoom calls for you to connect with other group members in a more personal setting, explore any barriers that may be holding you back from achieving your goals, and facilitate deeper progression through the program.
- A 6-week workout plan to supplement the nutrition education and take the guesswork out of what you’re doing in the gym. The workouts will include fat loss friendly strength training and cardio components, with video demonstrations and built-in weekly progressions, all that can be done in less than 30 minutes per day and with minimal equipment.
- Access to Athena for coaching in a private Facebook group for continued support, accountability, and on the fly troubleshooting for any challenges or obstacles that come up (because life happens, and they will!).
- Bonus recipes, pop-up challenges, and more to keep motivation high throughout the 6 weeks!
Sound like just the thing you need to reach your goals?
Wellness Your Way IS a good fit for you if:
- You are ready for a lasting and sustainable solution that will help you break up with the perfectionist mentality holding you back from reaching your goals.
- You are eager to find more peace in your days, weeks, and life based on healthy guidelines, not a strict plan or unrealistic expectations.
- If you feel like you have a decent handle on your workouts, but nutrition continues to be a hang-up for you, and you know making some headway in this area will finally get things moving in the right direction.
- You are ready to learn how to eat in a more empowered and intuitive way… you see everyone else getting the hang of this moderation thing and you are ready to get the secrets behind how to do it successfully!
- You are sick of feeling like you have no control around food when you are out of your day to day routine.
- You have the goals you want to reach in mind, and you know what you need to do to get there, but you struggle with the motivation to actually do it! You know that having someone to hold you accountable will help you achieve the changes you want.
Wellness Your Way is NOT a good fit for you if:
- You want to be told exactly what to eat through a rigid meal plan.
- You want a quick fix, cookie cutter solution and are not ready to put in the time or effort required for lasting change.
- You want dramatic or immediate weight loss, only to gain it back later.
- You are seeking the latest and greatest fads instead of tried and true methods.
I cannot recommend this program enough! I initially signed up for Wellness Your Way because I was looking for a lasting, long term solution to consistently eat better and exercise more regularly.
Before working with Athena, my weekly routine would consist of a variety of group exercises classes and eating “healthy” Monday through Thursday. Once the weekends came, however, my entire schedule went out the window. It was a constant up and down battle, and I wasn’t seeing the fitness results I was looking for.
From day 1 with Athena, she pushed me to figure out WHY my goals of eating better and exercising more were important to me. It was through discovering this why that we were able to make a solid plan for me with realistic, yet challenging goals that I was able to stick to.
One of the most important things I’ve learned while working with Athena is how important mindset is. Some of my biggest takeaways from Wellness Your Way were: getting a handle on my stress eating, no longer using food as a reward, and to stop thinking about food as either good (allowed) or bad (not allowed). Instead, I focus on fueling my body with what it needs and what makes me feel my best!
Through my coaching services, I have helped hundreds of women weed through all the different claims and promises of the health and wellness industry, and figure out the individual approaches that work for them.
And the women I work with? They have crazy schedules, spouses, kids, careers, and a lot of responsibilities to juggle. This means they don’t have time for measuring, counting, tracking, or spending hours in the kitchen cooking up a storm.
So in Wellness Your Way, you will learn the strategies for eating the balanced meals that work for your body. You will learn how to feel fueled enough to handle everything being thrown at you in a single day. You will learn how to get those cravings under control.
But the key is that we will do it with simple, no-nonsense, practical strategies for getting the results you want, WITHOUT THE FUSS.
After the time spent in this program, I finally feel like I’m moving in the right direction and making progress. I feel toned, motivated, and I’ve lost some weight!
Wellness Your Way reminded me how much I used to enjoy eating healthy foods before I had my 4 children, and how I really used to tune into my hunger cues. I’ve stepped it up a notch and have cooked more homemade, fresh meals than I have in a long time. Night time eating will always be a journey for me, but I feel like I’m so much closer to a better handle on this. I’m definitely more in the moment and asking myself the questions necessary to not overeat.
I am grateful that this wellness journey has reminded me to try and focus on the present and live in the moment. It has reminded me that Rome was not built in one day so to relax my Type A personality!
I also loved that this program encouraged me to change up my exercise routine a bit. I used to be an hours on the treadmill type person, and now I’m loving the shorter 20-30 minute workouts and feel satisfied that I’m able to get both my workout in and still get other daily tasks completed.
Look, you could continue to try the same things you’ve already tried over and over, but we all know how that goes, don’t we?
What happens the next time another cookie cutter program doesn’t get you the results you want?
You beat yourself up, call yourself a failure, and feel like you just aren’t good enough.
In reality, it’s your approach that's failed you, you didn’t fail!
Yet, you will tell yourself, “I’ll just try ONE more time.”
You will vow that THIS will be the time that’s different, the time you’ll make it work for good.
You will vow to have more motivation.
You will tell yourself to just have more willpower, more control, and you’ll just avoid the unhealthy food choices when you are out of your routine.
In reality, trying harder is not the answer, trying SMARTER is!
And trying smarter this time happens when you try a new approach, join Wellness Your Way, and finally break up with your perfectionist approach when it comes to how you eat, how you move, and how you take care of yourself.
Are you ready to prescribe your OWN path for 2019 and beyond?
Wellness Your Way is the nutrition program where YOU prescribe what works. There are no gimmicks, quick fixes, cookie cutter solutions, or shortcuts involved. Instead, Wellness Your Way is all about teaching you a simplified approach to building consistent habits for the long haul. And I’ll be 100% in your corner as you start creating your personal blueprint for lasting results.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Week 1: Habit Change + Getting Back to Basics
- Week 2: Learning to Listen to Our Bodies - Hunger, Fullness, and Mindfulness
- Week 3: Moderation + How To Do It
- Week 4: Eating Out of Routine
- Week 5: The Relationship with Sleep, Stress, and Exercise
- Week 6: Mindset Traps + Hacks
It was Athena in the end, not my doctor, who was able to figure out why my approach to health and fitness had not been working. I reached out to her when I felt stuck, and she asked me to trust her for by participating in Wellness Your Way.
I thought she was nuts, but I trusted her, put in the work she asked of us in the program, and I was amazed by the results I saw. I had a ton more time, and a lot less of ME, and I thought that was bizarrely cool and some sort of magic trick. I had so much more energy, felt stronger, and was no longer hungry all the time.
I ended up staying on with Athena as my private coach after the program ended. Athena really takes your successes and celebrates them with you, they’re hers too. She’s always there to help, coach, and brainstorm ways to make things easier for you to be successful.
This past year taught me that it’s okay to admit when you need help, and it’s really great to be able to use that help to change your story. Athena Concannon helped me to do that.