My sneakers, that’s what!
Aren’t these snazzy? 🙂
Please stop judging me for taking pictures of my own feet after class last night, ok? I know what you guys are thinking. But I don’t care. These are my first pair of Nike cross trainers. Ever! I honestly have been wearing the same Asics shoe for like four years now (yes, I am that person that buys multiple pairs at once to hold onto), so this is a huge deal for me. Life-changing. Also the first pair of lightweight sneakers that I’ve tried out. But I love them! My feet feel like they can breathe when I wear them, but the sneakers still have enough room for me to wear my orthodics (yes, I am also 90 years old) and my toe spacers. Perhaps I should have done a post on all the things wrong with my feet first?! Anyways, these are really awesome for all the high intensity interval training, plyometrics, and side to side movements that I do in my indoor classes. I think it’s a great shoe for those who cross train with various types of exercise whether it be cardio workouts, drills, weightlifting, or whatever! PLUS, they are super cute. Got a lot of compliments on them in my classes. I have a feeling I might be going out and buying new pink and black workout attire soon! 🙂
About this shoe, from the Nike website:
No-sew upper for enhanced comfort and flexibility
Flywire for ultra-lightweight support and comfort
Nike Free flex grooves for enhanced flexibility and stability
Side-to-side movements are essential to drills and other training activities, so the Nike Free Quick Fit+ was designed with Flywire on the upper for lightweight lateral support in the forefoot. Flywire is made up of thin, super-strong nylon fibers that strategically hold the foot in place, helping to reduce slippage during movement.
Nike Free XT technology uses full-length, multi directional flex grooves to allow the foot to move in a more natural way for training. Exaggerated and intuitive flex grooves extend into the midsole to help reduce the overall weight of the shoe and enhance multi directional flexibility so you can be nimble on your feet.
Breathable mesh upper
Synthetic overlays for support
Outsole rubber pods for durability and traction
What ELSE is new?!
– The playlist I used in Circuit Training class last night. It’s a good one, check it out!!
- Sweat – Snoop Dogg & David Guetta
- Tainted Love – Soft Cell
- You Make Me Feel – Cobra Starship feat. Sabi
- Mr. Saxobeat (Radio Edit) – Alexandra Stan
- In the Dark – Dev
- No Limit (Extended) – 2 Unlimited
- Rain Over Me – Pitbull feat. Marc Anthony
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger – Daft Punk
- Barbara Streisand – Duck Sauce
- Bon Bon – Pitbull
- My Body – Young the Giant
- This Is How a Heart Breaks – Rob Thomas
- Without You – David Guetta feat. Usher
- Pumped Up Kicks – Foster the People
- Stereo Hearts – Gym Class Heroes feat. Adam Levine
- Every Teardrop is a Waterfall – Coldplay
– Teaching Corpbasics Kix. Last night was my second time subbing for Liz’s class right before Circuit Training. That still counts as NEW, right? Anyways, class went really well. Mom came to class again too. Loving teaching this!
– My roommate’s blog! Slesh said I inspired her to find her own creative outlet. I love inspiring, that’s the whole point of Fitness & Feta. Anyways, her blog is called “A Twist and a Shake” and is where she will share all sorts of fun information about cocktails. Slesh loves trying out new drink recipes so she will be sharing them here, along with advice for substitutions, cost, etc. Go take a sip from her straw!
– A new quote I found today that I posted on the F&F Facebook Page! “There are really only two requirements when it comes to exercise. One is that you do it. The other is that you continue to do it.” <— So true!
Question(s) of the Day:
- What is your favorite brand of exercise sneakers?
- Anything new with YOU that you’d like to share?
Have a good one 🙂
Only cool kids wear toe spacers. Thank you for the shout out! – Slesh
Anytime friend. Toe spacers rock!
Thanks! Love em 🙂
Like the sneakers, maybe I will try them next. Loved your class-always good to try a new exercise!
funny you should mention your new cross training sneaks because i was JUST thinking how i needed some… I love my asic’s, but i’ve realized they are not the most comfortable thing for cross-training and indoor gym workouts (amazing for running, though!). I think I know what i’m spending this week’s babysitting money on:)
Yes! We can be matching 🙂