Another dessert recipe for you!
White Chocolate Peppermint Drop Cookies
Recipe adapted from The Food Network
- White chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature (or the equivalent of unsweetened applesauce, which is what I did)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 to 2 drops peppermint extract
- A handful of hard peppermint candies, roughly crushed
- Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place one-third of the white chocolate in a small bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring, until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter (or applesauce) and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed. Beat in the melted white chocolate until smooth, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture in 2 batches and beat until combined. Beat in half of the remaining chopped white chocolate.
- Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and arrange about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies until the edges are slightly golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool before frosting with the glaze.
- For the glaze, microwave the remaining white chocolate as you did before. Stir in the heavy cream and peppermint extract to taste. Spread the glaze on the tops of the cookies, then sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candies.
Can you tell that I made these around Christmas? Don’t judge me for not posting them until now, but they’re good whenever you eat them. Just eliminate the red and green Hershey’s kisses. Or not.
I ran out of white chocolate when I made these, so I improvised with a bit of dark chocolate as you can see in the pictures. Both were yummy. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
Today Tim is the best man in his childhood friend Greg’s wedding, so we’re off for wedding celebrations. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Reblogged this on ARZcreation.com.
You just say “white chocolate chips” in the ingredients, by how many ounces did you use?
I just estimated! A handful or so.